Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 2.5 and MCU1 P100D X w/ FSD does not have working navigate on autopilot or smart summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a AP2.5 MCU1 P100D with FSD along with a 2018 AP2.5 EAP LR Model 3. The Model X has not had navigate on autopilot as an option to enable on the menu and has never had working smart summon, while the Model 3 has. A service tech said I need to wait for a new computer upgrade before my car will be able to have smart summon and NoA. Is this correct? Anyone with MCU 1 AP2.5 have working FSD features on their X? My car is on version 2019.40.2.1.

Hi Turtlez,

Your software is current...
You said it never had "Working" summon...
Does this mean you have the menu options selected?
Do you have summon tailored?
Do you have summon on standby?
Do you have the latest copy of the app? 3.10.2 for iPhone
There was a summon change around Thanksgiving that needed the app. upgraded...

Sorry for the 20 questions but it is a complicated option,

Shawn

Yeah, this is BS. Mine is the exact same as yours without ‘P’ and it has all of that. Has NoA from day one. Once again, Tesla staff are usually useless.

You maybe could make a case for SS. But NoA? Gimme a break.

I would do a power off/on to be sure it’s not something trivial. And then call support and have them check the logs. Could be a sensor issue.

Summon is one thing, NoA should be working if no hardware issues.

Yeah, this is BS. Mine is the exact same as yours without ‘P’ and it has all of that. Has NoA from day one. Once again, Tesla staff are usually useless.

You maybe could make a case for SS. But NoA? Gimme a break.

I would do a power off/on to be sure it’s not something trivial. And then call support and have them check the logs. Could be a sensor issue.

Summon is one thing, NoA should be working if no hardware issues.

Did the power on/off and it didn't change anything. I have another service appointment for my car vibrating / shaking excessively at 65+mph and will bring up the NoA and smart summon issues.

I picked up the 2018 P100D this summer as a new inventory showroom car and it had a build date of March 2018. Our 2018 Model 3 was built in Feb 2018 and it's amazing just how much more advanced that car is. Very efficient, no suspension issues/smoother high speed drives, faster more responsive screen, faster charging and true 1 pedal driving with strong Regen.

Just to add to the others, I have 2017 AP2.5 MCU1 and have NoA and smart summons. Hopefully SC will fix and get you straightened out. Btw, you mention power off, but did you actually do the full reset 4 button steering wheel process? That tends to solve a lot of issues, after that, I'd clear the cache/data from your phone app, then uninstall...then reinstall and see if you get smart summons. Good luck!