Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 2 to AP 3 upgrade w/o MCU upgrade - MCU issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 S 75D. Had the FSD upgrade without the MCU upgrade. MCU had been replaced about a year ago and was working fine. After the upgrade, the MCU crashes about every 2-3 hours on long drives. It will freeze, or the navigation will freeze, or it will go blank then reboot. Rebooting (manually or when the MCU reboots itself) now takes about 5 minutes for all but navigation and 15 minutes for the navigation to start and route to the destination it was going to before the crash. Now need to use my phone to navigate when the MCU freezes or crashes because it takes so long to fully boot up. Anyone else having MCU issues after 2.0 to 3.0 upgrade?

Reactions: viper2ko
Yes it's awful. I upgraded to HW3 2 months ago and made due by disabling tracking and other little tricks. But today on a 6 hour road trip to rhode island it crashed 3 times despite my best efforts to limit the resources on the MCU. Feels terrible it was such a great car and it literally feels like planned obscelence. Hate the idea of having to pay 2500 to get FSD functionality. I would trade the 2k I paid for FSD for MCU2