Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 3.0 to FSD cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the market for a used Model X and can’t seem to find the current (3/21) cost of upgrading a car with Autopilot to FSD.(really just need EAP but my understanding is that’s not a option anymore)

Also why have the request a call back feature on the website Tesla if no one ever calls you back…

I bought mine used right from Tesla and it had the FSD already. A few months ago they were selling all used ones from the Tesla website with FSD and Acceleration Boost activated already. Thats a 12,000 value! They still are selling used Tesla’s with Acceleration boost. There still are some with FSD enabled. They are more then those with regular Autopilot but definitely not 10,000 more. (At least that is what I found with M3’s) Plus Tesla throws in an extra year and 10,000 miles for warranty so if you are looking for a used Tesla, I would only buy one from Tesla personally.

Yea I will most assuredly buy from Tesla. There is a 2017 listed right now with uncorked and the Autopilot 3.0 hardware(but late 16 build🤔) which only has AP for 58k so I was trying to think it through. The wife just vetoed blue so the search continues

Yea I will most assuredly buy from Tesla. There is a 2017 listed right now with uncorked and the Autopilot 3.0 hardware(but late 16 build🤔) which only has AP for 58k so I was trying to think it through. The wife just vetoed blue so the search continues
I’d wait on FSD too. You’re really not getting much for the dollars and, if/when it is worth it, you’ll feel better about paying more for it. Who knows...no great answer. The used ones with FSD aren’t much of a premium over “regular” AP.

Another vote for waiting on FSD. The system has been under development for 5 years and the development partially funded by people that expected a completed product, which does not yet exist. I may look at a subscription when they say they are, and actual users say what it can and cannot do.

Reactions: elguapo
The only thing to watch out for is the "subscription" model is sure to have terrible economics and be super expensive. And FSD will eventually cost $12,000+, so there IS something to be said for getting it now. It was $7,000 or something a couple years ago, etc.

The only thing to watch out for is the "subscription" model is sure to have terrible economics and be super expensive. And FSD will eventually cost $12,000+, so there IS something to be said for getting it now. It was $7,000 or something a couple years ago, etc.
If somebody isn't constantly editing Wikipedia to include FSD in the wiki for Ponzi scheme, the internet has failed us all

Thanks everyone. I just ordered a 2017 6 seat 100D, skipped the FSD and went with the lower cost for now to see how the subscription develops and the actually use cases for FSD. Car has the AP 3.0 hardware and the IMU upgrade already completed. Can't wait, now to figure out all the other details!

Reactions: cobra
I’m hoping the offer some one time short term uses even like $$ for 7 days on in case your finally going to do a road trip or long distance driving etc.

Reactions: Msd801 and elguapo
So I buy a used clean 2018 Performance Model 3 with 16K miles on it. I bought it thinking all Model 3s have at least AP on it and I can add FSD for 10K when I have enough money. NOPE! In order to get FSD I need to buy AP for 3K plus FSD for 10K oh and I live in CA so there is tax on both. So for only $14,235 I can get FSD. WHAT A JOKE!!! I have never read this before. Everyone just says FSD is 10K well it is not for some people. Anyone else in the same boat as me??

So I buy a used clean 2018 Performance Model 3 with 16K miles on it. I bought it thinking all Model 3s have at least AP on it and I can add FSD for 10K when I have enough money. NOPE! In order to get FSD I need to buy AP for 3K plus FSD for 10K oh and I live in CA so there is tax on both. So for only $14,235 I can get FSD. WHAT A JOKE!!! I have never read this before. Everyone just says FSD is 10K well it is not for some people. Anyone else in the same boat as me??
Wow, it didn't even have Autopilot on it? I didn't know that was possible. Did you buy private party or from a dealer?