TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP & Auto headlight issues

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by smak, Jun 26, 2018.

1. smak

smak Member

So for the past few days, randomly when I start the car, and start driving, all parts of AP are not working, AND auto headlights have the headlights ON even during the day. And even occasionally auto brights take effect. This is during a bright sunny day

Also, AP is totally gone, no lane, no cars, no speed limit, nothing.

And then, I park, go to lunch, work, etc...come back to the car, and everything's working again.

Doing reset, or even shutdown doesn't fix the problem when it's not working. It just randomly works again the next time I drive

I'm wondering if anybody has seen something similar.

It's like the sensors up front get confused?

Maybe I should try cleaning the area, there is a little gunk on the bumper.

2. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

This is the first I've heard of this...when it happens again, click you right wheel and say "report error" or something. Hopefully it'll let Tesla know something is weird. Also, if possible, have someone take a video of the issue and report to the SC for them to diagnose.

Weird

3. smak

smak Member

I have the video ready for them. When it's not working, it's pretty obvious.

4. swaltner

swaltner Member

I had the same thing happen once a couple weeks ago. TACC and auto steer were down, so was the backup camera. Possibly other things were off, but those were the obvious items. I called roadside assistance. They said the gateway module was misbehaving and walked me through the reset and shutdown process. That didn't bring back the backup camera right away, so they created a ticket to call me back on Monday (this was on a Saturday). I parked the car for 20 minutes and everything was back to normal when I got back into the car. I haven't seen a repeat since that first time.

I'd suggest calling Roadside Assistance and having them poke around in the logs to see what they can see. I don't know if they really did anything on the ticket, but I haven't seen a repeat.

5. smak

smak Member

My car is going in for service tomorrow for another issue, so I can just explain it to them.

Today everything was working, but for 12 of my 19 mile commute, the speed limit was either off, or wrong.

It would show 35 or 25 on the 65 mph freeway. Very weird.

Also for the past few weeks the navigation has been sporadically showing me a little off from where I was. Sometimes pretty far off.

I mean, it was hot when I was in Vegas, but not this hot.

pic.jpg

• Funny x 1
  6. darknavi

darknavi Member

I've had my AP stop working until I park the car (luckly I was near a red stop light when I noticed it last). After going into drive from park it seemed to be fixed. Only twice in a few months, so it seems like a rare race condition or something.