Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Available on vin above 50,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well me and my wife are still looking for her a MS (She is so excited) but she is very picky with her options she basically wants every option that's on my car. But she said she doesn't need the P85D or the next gen. seats (She hates them) but there is a catch she wants a P85 or P85+ with AP so that gets me to ramble on some more. What vin did AP start to become available because i thought it was after 50,000 I also knew it was available after Oct. 10 Just didn't know which vin because Iv'e been looking all over the CPO Cars and can't seem to find the perfect one with AP.......

Last edited:
@P85DBeast: since the cars are not built in VIN order, there is no specific number after which all cars were built with the AP hardware. It first appeared around the third week of September 2014.
As others have noted, it is hard to find a P85 or P85+ for sale with AP. Not impossible, but very difficult.
I have a suggestion for your wife. If she wants a P85 specifically for the faster acceleration as compared to the 85, why not consider an 85D? The P85 0-60 time is around 4 seconds. The 85D time is around 4.4 seconds (notice I say "around", don't want to start another discussion about claimed times vs. tested times of these cars).
So the two models are close in terms of 0-60. The 85D has more range than the P85, better handling, but less frunk space. Overall a better car, in my opinion, and there are far more used 85D for sale than P85 with AP. More choices.

@P85DBeast: since the cars are not built in VIN order, there is no specific number after which all cars were built with the AP hardware. It first appeared around the third week of September 2014.
As others have noted, it is hard to find a P85 or P85+ for sale with AP. Not impossible, but very difficult.
I have a suggestion for your wife. If she wants a P85 specifically for the faster acceleration as compared to the 85, why not consider an 85D? The P85 0-60 time is around 4 seconds. The 85D time is around 4.4 seconds (notice I say "around", don't want to start another discussion about claimed times vs. tested times of these cars).
So the two models are close in terms of 0-60. The 85D has more range than the P85, better handling, but less frunk space. Overall a better car, in my opinion, and there are far more used 85D for sale than P85 with AP. More choices.

She just might have to do that and wait for her car like I did. But we were going with the P85+ because it is cheaper than a brand new 85D/90D.....

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately Iv'e found a S85 with the vin#
73055 with every option that we like but me and her are going to have to do some negotiation about the battery pack.....
https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/p73055

image.jpeg

"Act fast these deals won't last long"

Fortunately Iv'e found a S85 with the vin#
73055 with every option that we like but me and her are going to have to do some negotiation about the battery pack.....
https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/p73055
That looks like a nice car, and it has the rare Executive Rear Seats option.
So your wife has decided that she can live without the Performance option? :)