Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP can do lane keeping with no lines now?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
I found these two videos on twitter showing AP driving on a back road and residential area with no lane lines. This is on AP3. It might be Early Access too. But it would make sense that Tesla has been working on lane keeping with no lane lines as part of "automatic city driving". In any case, the videos look promising for city driving.

Back road: Third Row Podcast on Twitter

Residential area: Third Row Podcast on Twitter

Right now it looks for patterns that look like lane dividers, with some logic to keep you going if the lane dividers disappear. I keep waiting for the day it starts letting me enable autosteer on the streets near me which are all undivided (but 2-way). I assume city-level NoA will officially enable this feature since it’s required.

I don't think this is totally new, actually. I recall seeing this in 2017, I think. But the problem then is the car would drive in the centre of the country road so it wouldn't leave room for an oncoming car to pass.

Yes, but these videos seem to show the car staying to the right like it should and not trying to center itself.

Reactions: strangecosmos2