Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Close Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So was driving down Taconic yesterday which is a petty narrow and windy highway in NY and everything was going smoothly in a seemingly easy stretch of road for AP, until I started approaching and passing a car with a bike mounted on its rear with a slight bend to the highway.

Car was driving fine and centered in lane as it approached the car, then as soon as it got close to it, decided to barrel into it. Cant really tell in the vid, but probably go within a foot of hitting the car, and you can see the jerk as I disengage AP and quickly steer out of the way.

Pretty funny the Musk tweeted that robot taxis will technically be ready by end of year....I dont see it unless the AP rewrite on HW3 is an order of magnitude better than what we currently have, otherwise stuff like this would turn into bad accidents.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I wish dash cam also captured the screen output, or even just the dashboard side, so we could see what it was seeing as it happened (to the extent that it's available, like, lines, the other vehicle render, etc). I also miss a lot of the alerts, they come and go so quickly, so usually I have no idea what it was hollering about. If dash cam would save those moments, I might learn something.