Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD sale ends March 18th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is about AP and FSD after sale prices not new car prices. I’m pretty sure that tweet is just a reminder of the website blog article on March 10 concerning 3% increase for new cars. My concern is there is nothing in the Tesla website blog — or this recent tweet you cited — about reversing the discounted price for after sale AP and FSD. You would be bankrupt if you bet that all of his late night tweet statements like the ones about reversing AP and FSD discount reversals will happen. Odd that he didn’t mention it in this most recent tweet.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Reactions: 03DSG
On the order page. It said, coming later this year.

- Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs. I think it just simply means it will stop and go based on the traffic light
- Automatic driving on city streets. You guess is as good as mind.
- Nothing more, nothing less.

Tesla may say down the road is YES, you have HW3, but in order to do this A, B and C, you need to get HW4 or HW5 and you need a more up to date Sensor and higher resolution cameras. By the way, You actually need more sensors and camera in order to do a better job. Oh, there is no upgrade path, it is only available starting from Model 4. Oops.

We never give money to INTEL to get the newest CPU that will be released sometimes in the future (no date given) that can do such and such and they are very powerful, trust me. We never go and buy Microsoft Office 20xx that would be released number of years later.

Yes, M3 is very cool and fun to drive. However, I cannot see myself purchase a vaporware and not knowing what I will get. As it stands now, even without FSP, I am enjoying the car every minute, with a smile on my face. LOL.
He already said the EAP and FSD prices were going back up, and they will if for no other reason than to stop people bitching about the fact that they went down, or that someone might have paid less for something than they did. Believe what you want as to whether it does or not, it makes no difference to me.

I had been waiting for the Model Y reveal to help me decide on FSD. I thought if Tesla gives away AP or AP+FSD in all Model Ys or for early reservations, then that might indicate lower AP/FSD prices in the near future. Instead, they showed up as the standard newer prices - which are quite steep in my opinion for the “after delivery” add on option, especially when you add in the Canadian exchange rate difference and Canadian raxes.

FSD after Monday will come out to $9200 + tax $1104 (BC) = $10304.

I finally added it yesterday at $4000+$480 tax.

But I certainly don’t “need” it - such an amazing car either way.

Bought AP for $2,600 yesterday and extremely excited.
Hard to convince myself to get FSD for another $4,000, especially without being able to try out both and feel the difference.

Can anyone advise if standard AP alone is good enough for everyday highway driving, or is Auto Lane Change and NoA basically the bulk of the value in the autonomous driving suite?

If so I might end up going for FSD.

Bought AP for $2,600 yesterday and extremely excited.
Hard to convince myself to get FSD for another $4,000, especially without being able to try out both and feel the difference.

Can anyone advise if standard AP alone is good enough for everyday highway driving, or is Auto Lane Change and NoA basically the bulk of the value in the autonomous driving suite?

If so I might end up going for FSD.

Auto change lane and NOA are not working as it should when I have my trial 2 months ago. All the people getting FSD because of promise to get the HW3 upgrade in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, the basic AP is all you need, you still maintain control when you change lane and what no. TACC and Autosteer works very well, and you can kind of relax.

Auto change lane and NOA are not working as it should when I have my trial 2 months ago. All the people getting FSD because of promise to get the HW3 upgrade in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, the basic AP is all you need, you still maintain control when you change lane and what no. TACC and Autosteer works very well, and you can kind of relax.

It works pretty well now at least for me. But basic AP for $2k is a better value than the rest for $3k unless you believe they're going to release actual FSD features this year, I've got my fingers crossed.

It works pretty well now at least for me. But basic AP for $2k is a better value than the rest for $3k unless you believe they're going to release actual FSD features this year, I've got my fingers crossed.
I feel like EAP had the best of both worlds. Now AP is too barebones since they moved some features to FSD. FSD at the current rate is a great deal. People should buy it before the price increases tomorrow

Reactions: Jerk
I reserved a model 3, sight unseen. I’m taking that same leap with ordering FSD now. The key features are for sure 9-12 months away. Maybe 24 months. And then we need to wait for regulator approvals. Could be years. Still 100% happy I had this chance to get it now. Once fully functional it will likely be more expensive - depending on how well it’s working. I’ve seem the dramatic improvement in AP over the last 6 months so I’m excited and optimistic.

I reserved a model 3, sight unseen. I’m taking that same leap with ordering FSD now. The key features are for sure 9-12 months away. Maybe 24 months. And then we need to wait for regulator approvals. Could be years. Still 100% happy I had this chance to get it now. Once fully functional it will likely be more expensive - depending on how well it’s working. I’ve seem the dramatic improvement in AP over the last 6 months so I’m excited and optimistic.

The Model 3 deposit you made is fully refundable. AP and FSD are not.

Of course, we have freedom to choose what we think is the best. People choose different path for different reason. As long as when the time, we don't bitch about it. For myself, I won't pay $4000 + tax for the FSD now. I certainly won't regret not buying it or bitch about it when it is actually an excellent hardware and software, which I hope it is for Tesla and our sake. If it's more money at that time, so be it. I will make a evaluation of it against what is available in the market (which I don't think there will be any) when it actually comes, but at that time, I know EXACTLY what I am getting, not if , may be or hope. 2 years is a long time in IT world. We are a 4G world, soon 5 G and 6 G is already in R&D.

As a side note, those foldable phones will cost over $2000 now, it's because it's the latest and greatest and we pay a premium for it.

I just forked over the $5K for AP + FSD. I felt $8K was too much when I bought my Model 3 in September and the $5K+$6K after-the-fact cost meant I would probably never purchase any portion of autopilot.

TACC + Autosteer for $2K is an obvious no-brainer. Anybody passing up this opportunity is making a HUGE mistake.

While I don't believe L4 or L5 is possible with the current sensor suite, YOLO and $3K for the FSD experiment was just too tempting to pass up.

Bought AP as soon it was available for discount, then folded on Thursday night on FSD. Bye bye $4k + tax. Still no FSD features updated to the car yet :(. Crossing fingers for HW3 + plan on keeping the car for a long long time (10+ years).

Reactions: c.ross3
Bought AP as soon it was available for discount, then folded on Thursday night on FSD. Bye bye $4k + tax. Still no FSD features updated to the car yet :(. Crossing fingers for HW3 + plan on keeping the car for a long long time (10+ years).
Well, you've paid the same amount as those of us who has EAP. To us, that's a no brainer to get everything for $6,600. It's harder of a choice for us who already spent that amount but need to fork out another $2,600 for FSD.

Well, you've paid the same amount as those of us who has EAP. To us, that's a no brainer to get everything for $6,600. It's harder of a choice for us who already spent that amount but need to fork out another $2,600 for FSD.

True true.

This purchase though just made this car an over $80k purchase if you include the charging infrastructure, winter tire package, etc... not a small chunk of change (I cringe every time I think it could have been a down payment for my daughter’s first place, or pay for her uni + living expenses + a new economy car). I suppose it a good deal given the TCO and safety factor of AP, but FSD is a Hail Mary. Here’s to the moonshot that our Model 3 will actually turn out to deliver the dream within the next 10 years and most importantly with $0 additional outlay. Also, good that my Upgrades section is now gone, no more temptation please :) .