Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD sale ends March 18th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy wife happy life brother. Or give up beer for the year and get it out of your social expenses funds ;)

Back in the old days, you can hide those technologies from them. Not anymore. They know how to use WhatsApp, go to forum and sure enough they know how to access this forum.

However, you certainly can do something like, get it now, let them know later and plead I didn't know what I were doing but couldn't get a refund anymore. Here is $14,000 cheque. :)

The problem is you have already spent money on EAP, so another $2600 is not that much.. Without FSD, you couldn't reap the full benefit.

Done deal! Damn Tesla for making it so easy for the upgrades - only 3 clicks after logged in.

I ordered the stripped down autopilot (tremendous value) and caved and also ordered FSD (marginal value). I have been hoping to be able to play around with the bells and whistles of the FSD, i.e. the summon, but do I do not have a fob (which I'm pretty sure I need to use the summon unless I've lost the plot on this?). The website shows the fob as out of stock and it does not even appear to be able to place an order for while they are in stock. I called the local (Vancouver) service centre and they cannot order them either and had no insight into when any might be available. I think I'm stuck in limbo compulsively checking the tesla site for when the fobs can be ordered? Without the summon feature I guess all FSD presently does for me is autopark?

I ordered the stripped down autopilot (tremendous value) and caved and also ordered FSD (marginal value). I have been hoping to be able to play around with the bells and whistles of the FSD, i.e. the summon, but do I do not have a fob (which I'm pretty sure I need to use the summon unless I've lost the plot on this?). The website shows the fob as out of stock and it does not even appear to be able to place an order for while they are in stock. I called the local (Vancouver) service centre and they cannot order them either and had no insight into when any might be available. I think I'm stuck in limbo compulsively checking the tesla site for when the fobs can be ordered? Without the summon feature I guess all FSD presently does for me is autopark?
You don't need the FOB for summon. Works through the phone. In fact, the model 3 FOB is pretty useless unless you have a very unreliable phone, or just like having the FOB as a backup.

Summon is way more useful than autopark. Autopark takes literally 4x longer than it should to park the car .fun as a novelty, but if there is anyone within 100m of you in the parking lot you will be embarrassed to use it.

I tried summon and my car survived! What a strange thing it is - seeing your car drive with nobody inside. Pretty neat but took awhile. Would be better as a one touch button, but in Canada I have to hold down the reverse button continuously - and connection cut out mid summon and thus have to restart summon.

I tried autopark - I was about to back into my home parking spot when the autopark option presented itself - it is a tight spot flanked by bricks and concrete. So I went for it. I was very impressed. The car had to go back and forth 2 times - just like I have to. I’d say it took 10-15% longer but I will probably use that feature everytime I park at home.

I gotta say I was more impressed by autopark than I expected - and I honestly didn’t think I would ever use it.

I’m holding out for the city driving... currently seriously enjoying testing AP on multi-lane city streets - and so impressed with the results, so far. Such great advances compared to the trial period about 6 months ago.

I tried summon and my car survived! What a strange thing it is - seeing your car drive with nobody inside. Pretty neat but took awhile. Would be better as a one touch button, but in Canada I have to hold down the reverse button continuously - and connection cut out mid summon and thus have to restart summon.

I tried autopark - I was about to back into my home parking spot when the autopark option presented itself - it is a tight spot flanked by bricks and concrete. So I went for it. I was very impressed. The car had to go back and forth 2 times - just like I have to. I’d say it took 10-15% longer but I will probably use that feature everytime I park at home.

I gotta say I was more impressed by autopark than I expected - and I honestly didn’t think I would ever use it.

I’m holding out for the city driving... currently seriously enjoying testing AP on multi-lane city streets - and so impressed with the results, so far. Such great advances compared to the trial period about 6 months ago.

I would be impressed if Autopark can be engaged via the app after you exited the vehicle :) - Kind of like Summon but better!

Reactions: insaini and c.ross3
You don't need the FOB for summon. Works through the phone. In fact, the model 3 FOB is pretty useless unless you have a very unreliable phone, or just like having the FOB as a backup.

Summon is way more useful than autopark. Autopark takes literally 4x longer than it should to park the car .fun as a novelty, but if there is anyone within 100m of you in the parking lot you will be embarrassed to use it.

Fob is not an acronym.
They're changing the software to allow the fob to be used for summon.

So, my last minute change in mind was a good call... :p

I wonder how much does it cost to upgrade to FSD now for those who have AP only.

Just checked.... $9,200 CAD

FSD only.JPG