Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD sale ends March 18th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still very tempting but I think I'll pass. I used to believe that Tesla will roll out FSD faster than anyone (perhaps just behind Waymo). I more I read about it the more I believe now that Tesla is overpromising on the so called FSD. I think the only level of autonomy that I believe is true autonomy is level 5 in which I can literally sleep in the car from destination A to B (perfect to act as my AI DD). Anything less than that is really stretching the term FSD.

Reactions: Techniques
Still very tempting but I think I'll pass. I used to believe that Tesla will roll out FSD faster than anyone (perhaps just behind Waymo). I more I read about it the more I believe now that Tesla is overpromising on the so called FSD. I think the only level of autonomy that I believe is true autonomy is level 5 in which I can literally sleep in the car from destination A to B (perfect to act as my AI DD). Anything less than that is really stretching the term FSD.

I don't see this as a possibility unless there is another specific set of highways/roads that are for AVs only - no human drivers/users allowed. Too many variables with human drivers mixed in with AVs.

Reactions: duanra and Vawlkus
I'll repeat myself and (probably) make this my final statement on the matter:

If you have the chance today to purchase TACC + Autosteer for $2,000, you are making a huge mistake passing on this opportunity. There are wide ranging opinions and sometimes harsh debates on EAP/FSD that are voiced on this forum. However, I think there is a near-unanimous consensus $2,000 is a great price for AP.

Reactions: c.ross3 and Jerk
I'll repeat myself and (probably) make this my final statement on the matter:

If you have the chance today to purchase TACC + Autosteer for $2,000, you are making a huge mistake passing on this opportunity. There are wide ranging opinions and sometimes harsh debates on EAP/FSD that are voiced on this forum. However, I think there is a near-unanimous consensus $2,000 is a great price for AP.

Of course, I brought basic AP only. At $2000 USD, it's exactly what I need to ease the stress when you are on the highway, and I still maintain control. AP will keep us in the line, follow the path, if I want to change lane, I signal and move the wheel to disengage auto steer but still maintain TACC, and I can re-engage auto steer when I don't have to change lane. Very simple, very predictable. Mind you, some people even use it in urban street when there is car in front of you since if the car in front slow down or stop, your car will do so.

Had existing EAP, caved and bought FSD. Mostly because the HW3 upgrade may help with existing EAP features being able to run all cameras at full framerate. Anyone get any sort of receipt or email confirm? The only thing that happened was it shows up under my car on the website (and my wallet taking a punch).

Had existing EAP, caved and bought FSD. Mostly because the HW3 upgrade may help with existing EAP features being able to run all cameras at full framerate. Anyone get any sort of receipt or email confirm? The only thing that happened was it shows up under my car on the website (and my wallet taking a punch).

Appears on my Tesla profile. Credit Card got frozen though for such a large purchase. Have to call the bank and check >.<

It just appeared on my account. No receipt nor any confirmation on my MCU like some people got.

I don't see this as a possibility unless there is another specific set of highways/roads that are for AVs only - no human drivers/users allowed. Too many variables with human drivers mixed in with AVs.
But shouldn't this how FSD should be? The car can even take into account the stupid things that some reckless drivers do on the road - just like or even better than a defensive human driver.

I'm just worried that if I purchase FSD today then my model 3 get stuck in LV3-ish due to hardware/software limitation and/or government regulation. Maybe it will never be able to achieve the way how I envisioned FSD - ultimately being able to make it alive even if I felt asleep in the car. That will be a huge disappointment!

Stop talking about this! I made up my mind to stick with EAP but every time I come to the forum, I reopen the FSD door... wtf Tesla, up the price already! o_O

Do it! (Just kidding). I tried to hold out but failed. I should have stuck with just +AP. Great deal. But once the door was opened up just a little... I think Tesla knows what they are doing here... I never would have bought AP, and especially not FSD without FSD being proven. I am grateful to Tesla for this opportunity though. I seriously can’t believe my car now has AP/EAP/FSD in future... I’m a huge Tesla and SpaceX fan but I was only barely able to scrape the $ together for the least expensive Model 3: 18” wheels, black...

I don’t know where to look for evidence of purchase on my Tesla profile? I do see that I can no longer order it (ie. the option to buy AP and FSD is gone now from my account - now I can only buy “accessories”).

But no $ left for accessories...

True true.

This purchase though just made this car an over $80k purchase if you include the charging infrastructure, winter tire package, etc... not a small chunk of change (I cringe every time I think it could have been a down payment for my daughter’s first place, or pay for her uni + living expenses + a new economy car). I suppose it a good deal given the TCO and safety factor of AP, but FSD is a Hail Mary. Here’s to the moonshot that our Model 3 will actually turn out to deliver the dream within the next 10 years and most importantly with $0 additional outlay. Also, good that my Upgrades section is now gone, no more temptation please :) .

This is a great post. I completely agree. But keep in mind that if you keep the model 3 for a long time, such as >10 years, it will begin saving money. Eventually it will save more money than it cost, if the alternative was a gas guzzler.

Also, this choice of an electric car is probably highly regarded by your kid/kids - it sets a great example. And it sets a great example to everyone.

I can’t wait for the day I have no more car payments and no more fuel costs.

But then we will “need” a Model Y someday... 2022/2023 maybe???

But then we will “need” a Model Y someday... 2022/2023 maybe???

Thanks, I fully intend for this to be my daughter first car in 15 or so years. Should be interesting, hopefully by then Tesla Model 0 will be out and it will be under $35k for a 1500km range.

Note: Just got the FSD features updated to the car this afternoon (bought Thursday night after the reveal). No prompt. Still no car details updated online.

so maybe price will be update tonight?

“I tried to tell you not to believe Musk” is what I would like to crow this morning. But the truth is he got me to buy FSD for both Teslas, so his little white lie worked and continues to work. Stay tuned for Wednesday when the “real deadline” occurs. In the meantime, get off the fence and spend some cash with Elon.:D

I knew he was a rat bastard! Oh well. I guess I just need to work harder now.