Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP FSD Unexpected lane departure - 2020.12.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the FSD computer upgraded to 3.0 earlier this week and was driving for the first time with the latest software. For two intersections in a row the car swerved away from the median after going through a stop light. The first time there were no cars around and I didn't take control (although ready to) and the car corrected itself. Then when pulling away at the next stop light the car tried to do the same thing and I took control before leaving the lane. The attached video shows both maneuvers - from the front view it doesn't look like all that much but my right tires definitely entered the adjoining lane the first time.

I think the second time the AP was reacting to the truck making an aggressive move towards our path (and is a good example of why AP is hard-a human can see the truck is almost certainly not a threat to our car but the AP was treating it as if it were), but the first one I just don't see why the car would think it needed to swerve right.

Thoughts?

Crystal clear what it seeing. Normally turn lane markings are stripped (at least in GA) and not solid. It will usually cross stripped turn lane marking without much fuss. Remember Autosteer is not intended for intersections yet.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 7.56.56 PM.png