Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP gone on drive home today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19075236-A8FB-4AE7-AA19-4F38BF86A729.jpeg
running 2019.12.1.2 and haven’t had any issues. Today on my way home from the office I had no AP, Cruise, my headlights were on, and no speed or cars around me showing up. Tried rebooting, stopped and powered down and no change. What’s up?

I had this happen last week on 8.5, so I don't think it's exclusive to 12.1.2. Tried everything, but nothing worked. Support couldn't help except to say that it's a known issue. After sitting overnight, it all came back and has been working fine since.

View attachment 405177 running 2019.12.1.2 and haven’t had any issues. Today on my way home from the office I had no AP, Cruise, my headlights were on, and no speed or cars around me showing up. Tried rebooting, stopped and powered down and no change. What’s up?

I'm running the same firmware 2019.12.1.2 on a Model 3 Dual Motor and had the same thing happen. No amount of resetting the car fixed the issue. So took it to Tesla and the mechanic reset the car via his diagnostic laptop and that fixed it. Literally took him 10 minutes to fix the car. He stated he saw 5 people that day with the same issue, and all of them required the reset via the laptop. Tesla is aware of the issue and trying to fix it is what he told me. He forwarded my car logs to Tesla for them to look at. Unfortunately cars that have this issue likely have to be reset via a diagnostic laptop.

Just had this happen to me for the first time this morning. Auto wipers weren't working either. Hopefully it's working again when I get out of work.

Exact same thing happened to me this morning! Initially I was so preoccupied trying to figure out why the auto wipers weren't working I didn't even notice the loss of AP until half way thru the commute - I had the same screen as the OP and a reset with the scroll wheels didn't fix it. Firmware version 2019.12.1.2 5c87371

On a related note - I thought to myself, maybe I should try and call Tesla about it while I was stuck in my commute but realized I don't know what number to call - (I've only had my Model 3 for a few weeks)....Although it sounds like it wouldn't have helped in this case, What number should I call for something tech issue that's happening while driving?

this happened to me yesterday on my drive home from work (only had the car about a week), no cruise, no auto wipers, no autosteer. i tried rebooting while driving. after i parked at my destination, the following drive all was back to normal

• Informative
Reactions: Big-T
I had the same issue yesterday- called got technical support and they escalated to regional tech support that is supposedly looking today at it.... either way it corrected overnight. My GPS was also not functional.

Support tells me it is a 12.1.2 with HW3 problem and could also be a corrupted map file. Not sure how the map file knocks off all the sensors. Supposedly there is a firmware update coming later this week that will address this issue (fingers crossed).

Happened to me yesterday for the 1st time ever (SW 12.1.2 LR RWD Jul'18 with 18,000 miles) I was using EAP then got a big red message on the screen telling me to take control of the car + loud beeps. Then EAP went away. I submitted a bug report immediately. After about 5-7 minutes of normal driving, EAP came back. Hopefully won't see it again.

I had the same issue yesterday- called got technical support and they escalated to regional tech support that is supposedly looking today at it.... either way it corrected overnight. My GPS was also not functional.

Support tells me it is a 12.1.2 with HW3 problem and could also be a corrupted map file. Not sure how the map file knocks off all the sensors. Supposedly there is a firmware update coming later this week that will address this issue (fingers crossed).

I stopped by my local service center yesterday about this, since letting my car sit most of the day didn't solve the problem. After asking me if I did a scroll wheel reset (yes twice) - they then said there's a known issue that was resolved by a firmware update released JUST this morning, but I'll need to wait a few days for it to roll out to my car.

This morning the issue persisted so I called Tesla from the car, they said almost the same thing, that it's a known issue but the tech did not know how long before a firmware patch would be available.

After pressing him a little, he did suggest that I try to do a full shut down and start up again when I'm parked. I'll try that tonight when I get home.

I had the same issue and I emailed Tesla customer support, here is their reply.

Thank you for your interest in experiencing the Autopilot and Full Self-Driving trial. We have suspended all Autopilot Trials due to an issue with our website. We are working to roll out a new trial soon to all cars that currently have no Autopilot software installed. We will advise as soon as that new trial is ready, and please follow our social media and subscribe to our newsletter for any other information