TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP/NoAP Fail Every Time - Runs me off the road

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by Cheburashka, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

This happens every time. Day or night. For those in the Bay Area, this is the offramp from Hwy 1 to Hwy 17 in Santa Cruz.

Any ideas on why the car would do this?

Seems like lines running perpendicular to the road are an obvious sign that it is not a driveable area...

Can't wait for Full Self Driving and one million robotaxis in a few months time!

• Funny x 5
    • Disagree x 2
  2. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

Looks like when it loses the lane line on the right, it ignores the cross-hatch lines, and centers itself up between the left lane line and the barrier on the right. I'd bet a little paint from CalTrans would fix that right up.

• Like x 2
  3. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

AP follows parallel lane lines. Since the right lane line dssappears, AP does the next best thing and centers itself in what it perceived to the lane, the left lane line and the barrier on the right.

It is obvious to you because your brain has been trained to handle this situation. AP has not been trained yet so it does not know.

Elon, nor Tesla, have ever promised "1 million robotaxis in a few months". He has promised robotaxis in certain areas by end of 2020 pending regulatory approval.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. BZM3

BZM3 Member

it is getting confused by the right line dropping out. its a fair mistake by the car. it shouldnt assume there is a line there. call 311 and request they repaint that line, looks faded

• Funny x 3
  5. Octo

Octo Banned

I think that’s a great example why I lost confidence in AP. It’s 2019 and this is far from a corner case. I’m hoping V10 will show significant improvements.

• Like x 1
  6. powertoold

powertoold Member

I think it's a corner case, but Elon has said there are millions of corner cases, so all aboard the FSD train.

• Funny x 3
  7. AlanSubie4Life

AlanSubie4Life Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny x 3
  8. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

More accurate:
    giphy.gif

• Funny x 3
  9. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

Lol, worn out lane markings are a corner case?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

#10 jebinc, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    And lest us not forget, FSD prices are going up, Elon said - because of the upcoming v10 and “Wayward Summon” release! :p

Kinda, sorta feels like this....

upload_2019-9-10_21-3-38.gif

• Funny x 1
  11. Babaron

Babaron Member

Corner case?...or coroner case?

• Funny x 3
  12. Octo

Octo Banned

Let’s meet in the middle and call it a Corona case! With lime.

• Funny x 2