Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP (not fsd) vision only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP world great for me, lowers stress on highway driving etc etc. I don't have fsd And doubt I'll ever buy until it's not vaporware.

That being said is anyone worried that the next Vision only update that takes away radar (per Elon and patents) will break or worsen AP functionality? Is anyone turning off updates as possible? Obviously this is all theoretical just wondering if anyone smart had thought this scenario through..

Is anyone turning off updates as possible?
Don't worry, Elon said it is coming out next week so you have a solid 3-6 months to decide before it actually gets sent to your car.

In all seriousness, you can't "turn off" updates, but you don't have to accept an update. It won't install until you accept. Plenty of Teslas driving around with a permanent yellow update indicator at the top of the screen.

Reactions: Jejunjm
How has phantom braking been for you?
Good point, only 1500 miles on the Tesla model 3. No phantom braking but I drive the same rout at generally the same times. I have about 20k miles on comma.ai (with a. Pacifica hybrid) and never had an issue there (with imo a far superior driver monitoring - I hope the interior cameras get integrated soon)