Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP off when autolights not selected

Envchem

Nov 13, 2019
Liverpool, UK
So a week ago my 3 updated to 2021.4.18.11. I am convinced that the update has reseted my lights alignment since I am getting the occasional flash while I wasn't before.
This morning I left home around 7:00. Auto headlights as usual and on the first 2 miles I got flashed twice.. When I hit the main road I decided that it wasn't worth the grief so while the weather was a bit overcast it was daylight so I switched the main headlights off. I was already on AP and the moment I did this I got the red steering wheel warning, AP disengaged and was not available.
I thought that was weird since I could always use AP on that stretch. Reset the headlights to auto and boom AP available again.
Now I was under the impression that the headlight requirement being on was to be implemented with the pure vision patch.
Was this occurring with previous versions of software or is it a first stage of pure vision implementation?
Any ideas? Someone with older software willing to try this? Keep in mind that the in order for this to occur the main headlights must already be on (the car deems them necessary). When I tried this later during my commute when the auto function had switched the main lights off AP was still functional. The moment I hit a patch with trees it went off again.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I thought it was just Tesla Vision too, but to be honest I don't know if it would even be possible to tell whether even radar equipped cars have or are being transitioned to it. How would you even know that the firmware hasn't just disabled radar and you're using "Tesla Vision" too?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC