TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

AP on my S vs. my X

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Muzzman1, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I'm posting here on the S forums, because the issue is with my S.
    Anyone else that has X & S. Have you noticed a VERY significant difference in AP nagging?
    Let me note my X is on 2.15.16
    S is on 2.14.105
    This could be a result of the X on a newer revision, but here's the deal.

When AP came out, there were little to NO nags. It was amazing, incredible (and every other superlative you can think of)
    Then the internet broke our AP by being stupid and doing stupid things with AP

Now to my point: Today we did our 1st road trip with X, from LA to Santa Barbara. In both directions over 160 miles, I only got the "hold steering" a single time. Once. Uno!!

My S has the typical nag every couple mins.

Is there anyone out there with 2.15.16 on their S? Have your nags gone away? Could it be true, TMC is giving us back the original AP?

I really hope so!! What an incredible pleasure it was driving my Wife's X today (not that my S isn't amazing either), but not having nags was so awesome again!!

2. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

My S has very few nags... Like I don't really find it intrusive at all. We just took a 500 mile trip last weekend (pretty much all highway), plus city driving in our destination. I am sure there were nagging, but I honestly don't event recollect them, or remember how frequently... it just wasn't enough to bother me at all.

3. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Thanks, yeah my S rarely nagged back in Nov/Dec. Do you happen to know what firmware you are on?

4. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

@Muzzman1 I sure hope you are on to something. Ever since the AN - Auto Nag was introduced it was as if Tesla broke something that worked so well. I drive almost 50 miles 95%+ on the expressway and get the AN every couple of minutes without fail. No never had it at all in the original AP release so I and praying it has been FIXED!!!

Keep us updated please

My current version

• Like x 1
  5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

This nagging is so odd to me. I feel for those dealing with it.

My car hardly ever nags. But when it does, it nags at about the same places every time. I seems to do it most when something seems uncertain, such as a curve, many cars suddenly, etc. I did a 45 min drive down HWY 1 from Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz with no traffic at all one night and only got one nag during the entire trip. I just sat back and watched. It was awesome!

6. cantdecide

cantdecide Member

I'm getting nagged in my X every couple of minutes, even while holding the steering wheel. Once it went right the way to giving up on auto piloting because of multiple nags even though I was holding the wheel the whole time.

7. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Ours nags every 3 minutes like clockwork while diving on a well marked, completely straight section of interstate, essentially no traffic, doing +5 over the posted 70MPH speed limit. Activating auto lane change has no effect on the nagging. Please bring the original autopilot (no nags) back.