Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP seems a little "wobbly" after 17.6.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not seen this issue recently reported on the forum so I'm wondering whether it might be happening just on our roads but, since updating to 17.6.15 (the "performance reductions removal" update) yesterday, my car is noticeably more "wobbly" on corners and even on some straight local roads.

By "wobbly" I mean that the car seems to hunt left and right within the lane to the point that it has actually crossed over the line several times and I've had to take over. I've seen this type of thing reported previously but not recently and, in the almost 12-months that I've had my car, I've never experienced it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I am on 17.4.14 as well (AP1) and this morning, after having to take over many times over a couple of miles, autosteer was simply not available in areas where it usually is or the icon would show once in a while but never long enough for me to re-engage it.. This was my standard commute and the traffic patterns, weather etc was standard.

On the plus side, it feels like TACC is smoother in stop-and-go traffic, ie slowing down feels more gradual and on re-acceleration, it's much smoother was well, ie not taking off like a rocket.

I really think they are running little experiments occasionally.
Today I had to take over several times on a road that has long been stable. I think they are learning as much as possible before M3 comes.

Still on 2.52.22. On the Federal highway into Canberra last weekend it was more than wobbly. Forced to take over at least twice. Good lane marking both sides. Tried to figure it out. Maybe the light at the time? Sun shining a particular way off the road? Did not do it on the way home.

Still on 2.52.22. On the Federal highway into Canberra last weekend it was more than wobbly. Forced to take over at least twice. Good lane marking both sides. Tried to figure it out. Maybe the light at the time? Sun shining a particular way off the road? Did not do it on the way home.
Possibly it is Tesla Vision vs Mobileye. With the dummy spat they had with Mobileye maybe TM had a certain amount of time to crossover to Tesla Vision on all cars and these issues are a direct result of this crossover? I know AP2 certainly isn't functioning very well just yet.

Possibly it is Tesla Vision vs Mobileye. With the dummy spat they had with Mobileye maybe TM had a certain amount of time to crossover to Tesla Vision on all cars and these issues are a direct result of this crossover? I know AP2 certainly isn't functioning very well just yet.
I had thought that the first indication of Tesla Vision was the car in front of the car in front and we (AP1) have had that for a while.

I had thought that the first indication of Tesla Vision was the car in front of the car in front and we (AP1) have had that for a while.
@raynewman I have the car in front x2, it is just not following lines very well and it extremely twitchy. It is not great going round bends, it currently drifts in the corners and I don't trust it not to get on the rough stuff. Any sort of merging lines and it is toast. It went ape sh*t on the Melbourne City Link where they had yellow lines then yellow and white lines and then it decided to cross three lanes of the highway when the lines disappeared altogether for about 30 m and it decided the concrete barrier was the next closest thing to a line. I am still letting the car function on autosteer but my opportunities are limited to 80 km/h on the Pacific MWY (no thanks) or Sydney congestion, which I need to drive 130 km to get involved with (definitely no thanks)!! Hopefully some more local opportunities arise soon enough for me to supervise.

It seemed logical to me that with people suggesting AP1 had reverted somewhat that this may have been due to a swapover between Tesla Vision and Mobileye on AP1 cars also? Apparently the AP2 cars only have a single camera and radar operating for now, it is going to be interesting to see the capability build.

I had a similar problem on the Federal Highway last year, despite it being a very nice road with very good lane marking. That was quite a few versions ago and, at the time, I put it down to the number of turns at high speed.