Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP to FSD Cost, what would you pay?

How much would you pay for FSD

Votes: 55 57.3%

Votes: 27 28.1%

Votes: 10 10.4%

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that paid for standard AP before it was free, how much would Tesla have to drop the price to so you would pull the trigger and upgrade to FSD

I’m casting the first vote at 4K. That would put my total combined cost at $7000 which is more than what people pay for FSD now.

I did not include 6k as an option, because you can get it for that now.

There is a definite disconnect between what Tesla thinks FSD is worth, and what I thought I was getting when I bought the car.
I did not get fair value for my money I spent on the product Tesla produced. The product is substandard even without FSD.

Here is a list of added value issues I was not expecting to deal with:

added poor vehicle paint coverage
added poor vehicle panel alignment
added poor quality control of what's actually rolling off the assembly line and being shipped, without plastic-panel transfer protection.
added lack of adequate sound proofing around all vehicle openings, including wheel wells.

I'm voting with my wallet,...... not a nickel more for FSD!

For those of you that paid for standard AP before it was free, how much would Tesla have to drop the price to so you would pull the trigger and upgrade to FSD
By "standard AP before it was free" you mean EAP, right? Which has a number of features that the bundled AP doesn't.

I answered the poll exactly what I paid, $2K. I gave a pass on $3K and $4K.

By "standard AP before it was free" you mean EAP, right? Which has a number of features that the bundled AP doesn't.

I think there was a short period of time when Standard (non-EAP) AP was $2 to 3k? So I think the question is about the current FSD package which includes NoA?

it is so hard to tell anymore. Guess that was all part of the move by Tesla to repackage FSD.

Reactions: SammichLover
I think there was a short period of time when Standard (non-EAP) AP was $2 to 3k? So I think the question is about the current FSD package which includes NoA?
Oh. You're probably right about that. If that's the question then $2K isn't my answer, the answer is more like $5K. For starters, and I know this sounds goofy, but I'd seriously miss using the signal arm to initiate an automated lane change.

I'm referring to the existing version of AP, not EAP. I paid 3k for Autopilot. A short time after I paid for AP, it was given to everyone for free. I'd pay 1k to upgrade to EAP at this point. I'd really like automatic lane change...
AP charge.png

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
I'm referring to the existing version of AP, not EAP. I paid 3k for Autopilot. A short time after I paid for AP, it was given to everyone for free. I'd pay 1k to upgrade to EAP at this point. I'd really like automatic lane change...
View attachment 465638
OK, then I changed my poll answer to what I did pay, $4K. I'd actually think hard about $5K at this point, but not sure I'd do it.

In a heartbeat I'd spend $2K to move from AP to EAP. Even after they added the "Joe mode" to take the edge off the 'ding', I'm not happy moving in and out of AP engaged that has to happen with lane changes in basic AP.

it’s hard for me to comprehend why people would pay for a product that doesn’t exist yet - and has no realistic timeline for when it will ever be approved to be used. I would imagine by time it ever comes to reality, id be on to my next car. If you could transfer it to another vehicle then perhaps I could understand “investing” in the future technology, similar to Kickstarter. What if your car gets totaled before the FSD tech comes to fruition. Just seems silly to me.

Bundling features that are currently within a package that offers other unavailable features is mind boggling to me. I would buy a Tesla for the autopilot but wouldn’t pay a penny for an option that promises a future feature.

Reactions: holmgang
I bought it when I bought my car. Not sure if that was a good idea. Out of the 10 or so times I've tried smart summon it's been successful maybe twice, and I can't go more than a few miles on NoAP without it changing lanes for no reason, cutting someone off, or slamming on the brakes to move over behind someone that I'm almost done passing. I tried again yesterday on my way home and disengaged it 4 separate times in about 8 miles, finally it picked the wrong lane for a freeway interchange and I gave up. I'm sure it will get better but the way it moves around other drivers right now is terrible.