Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 2019 software upgrade includes battery pre-conditioning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a 2016 p90 AP1 HW1 model X. Most of the 2019 software upgrades have been geared toward the AP2 (HW 2.0/2.5/3.0) vehicles naturally. Several people have mentioned more issues than improvements with the 2019 software upgrades on the AP1 cars. Can anyone with an AP1 car whose received a 2019 software upgrade comment if the upgrade included pre-heating/conditioning of the battery on the way to superchargers? Is there any reason to upgrade to the 2019 software if you have an AP1 car? Seems battery pre-heating if anything was only positive change I could decipher that might be applicable.

thanks.

According to the Musk Man himself, he said the Supercharging preheat feature applies to “All Tesla cars made since 2012” meaning that it has nothing to do with AP.

I received It on my AP2.5 car, which probably isn’t a help to you, but I figure that since it’s essentially just rerouting battery coolant based on whether or not you’re headed to the supercharger, it should be applicable to any Tesla car.

Reactions: scottf200
I got 2019.12.1.1 on my AP1 Model X. It does have battery warmup.

523E40CF-3F0E-4279-B89E-3F610ED88D95.jpeg