TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP1 and rain

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sir Guacamolaf, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

It's pouring outside, and I can't see the lanes. But damn, AP1 can. This is pretty damn impressive, and next week I'll be driving a rental ICE, and I am sort of worried about my safety. LOL

I think Tesla has done well on AP1. I would love to see just a couple of more things,

a) Self park in garage (not the summon stuff, but actually park properly, including non-straight lines and shut the garage door). I'm happy to paint lines on the floor if that's what is needed.
    b) Take exits from freeways per nav.

.. and as far as non AP ..
    c) And .. carplay! (this would be a super big deal, and this was the #1 requested feature, seriously criminal at this point to ignore this).

PS: Before people jump on me, "seriously criminal" is a figure of speech, I don't think Elon would look cute in an orange jumpsuit.

• Like x 1
  2. TIppy

TIppy Active Member

I can't change lanes with ap1 in even light rain. The car's ultrasonic sensors think they're completely surrounded.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I used AP1 in various rain storms and was amazed at how well it could 'see'. Of course, I was even more cautious than usual and holding slightly tighter than I typically would.
    I figured the radar could see well too so I thought it's TACC/AEB would see cars even before I did in some rain storms.

• Like x 3
  4. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Hmm I haven't tried changing lanes

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I've only had one tine that AP1 said it could not engage due to rain. I think she was having a bad hair day because she was doing fine in heavier rain the day before...lane change and all.

6. TIppy

TIppy Active Member

#6 TIppy, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    In the rain, my car shows white beacons coming from every ultrasonic sensor, on the instrument cluster. The car thinks there is something in the adjacent lane and refuses to change lanes.

7. PatrickCH4313

PatrickCH4313 Member

With AP1, changing lane even in a tunnel is working fine now with firmware 17.26.7 (in the past, the changing lane in a tunnel was not working).

• Informative x 1