TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP1 / AP2 Owners Poll

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Sonny Daze, Dec 26, 2016.

?

How do you feel about the latest AP update?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2017.
  1. I am an AP1 owner who is/was OK with the latest update.

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. I am an AP1 owner who is/was unhappy with the latest update.

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. I am an AP2 owner who is/was OK with waiting for the latest update.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. I am an AP2 owner who is/was eager to get the latest update.

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  5. I don't own a Tesla w/ AP hardware or have it activated but like to vote.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Interesting to see the dichotomy between AP1 owners who are upset with the latest software changes and AP2 owners who are eager to get the next update. Obviously there are many more AP1 owners but wanted to get some idea how folks were feeling.

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Thats because for AP2 owners we are still waiting for ANY autopilot functions! (other than headlights, speed signs and high beams). We're easier to please, just throw us a few bones.

• Like x 3
  3. whitex

whitex Active Member

I have AP1 and about to pick up a car with AP2 hardware. Given my AP1 experience, I will be waiting for EAP+FSD to fully work as advertised (i.e. I can use the car for ride hailing and car sharing for friends and family) before I pay to enable it. Don't care about latest AP1 update as I considered AP1 useless and potentially dangerous off the highway always. Don't care about AP2 updates because they are not close yet to offering $10K worth of functionality. So no dichotomy for me ;)

4. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

This is kind of a weird poll because it's basically asking one group of people if they're happy with a feature being further limited, and asking another group of people if they're happy with features being added.

Despite this I did answer the post, and the reason for my answer is because they didn't include what they did on the release notes. It was too big of a change not to document on the release notes.

5. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm voting on.

I've got an AP1 and AP2 car. What are we talking about?

6. Altes

Altes Member

Huh? Need a category for "Ordered and Paid for AP1, Got AP2 Hardware but absolutely NO AUtopilot, auto headlights, auto wipers TACC, Blindspot warning so basically my 10 year old BMW has more functionality than my Tesla"

7. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

I guess the one unfortunate way of looking at this is: Autopilot 1 hardware may become a liability for Tesla, instead of a positive marketing feature. This could lead to increased constraints. Tesla simply has no reason to push the envelope with Autopilot 1 anymore, quite the contrary really.

Autopilot 2 will now be where it is at, new features and marketing-wise...

8. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

#8 Sonny Daze, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Most of the posts have been AP1 owners not happy about their update and AP2 owners not happy about waiting for their update (for the reasons you pointed out) but the unhappy always speak out more. I have seen some who were fine with AP1 limitations and some who didn't care the AP2 features hadn't been activated yet, so just wanted to consolidate all the opinions and give the content a chance to chime in.

Admittedly it's two different polls combined (the percentage results are useless).

9. glh280

glh280 Member

I have found that since the AP1 update (forced by the Service Center), I no longer use AP. I just don't go on highways very often, and most of my driving on divided roads is limited to the speed limit. It is painful to actually do the speed limit. Almost everyone is accustomed to going 5 mph over.

• Like x 1