Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 Battery Preconditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2020.48.12.1 and prior to this update I do not recall seeing Preconditioning notification when Navigating to a Supercharger. Was this finally implemented in our old cars 2014 P85DL in this update? Or did I miss it a few updates prior? I know for sure it wasn't there Nov 2020 as I traveled form LA - Las Vegas and did not see it on the way out there or back.

I updated to 2020.48.12.1 and prior to this update I do not recall seeing Preconditioning notification when Navigating to a Supercharger. Was this finally implemented in our old cars 2014 P85DL in this update? Or did I miss it a few updates prior? I know for sure it wasn't there Nov 2020 as I traveled form LA - Las Vegas and did not see it on the way out there or back.
This has been happening for about a year now (at least)

It only pops up when the battery is cold. like if you park outside overnight in 50f or so and then drive to a SC that's like 10 min away if you put in the SC as a destination it'll pop up saying its preheating.

But if you're out and about driving or even with a cold battery in the cold if the SC is a ways away (45 min+/-) just driving will cause the batt to reach the proper temps and it wont need to preheat or notify you.

Its been out for at least a year, i have a 2014 P85D and i got that one ages ago. i just got 2021.4.6 last night.