Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 check blind spot delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP on my 2016 MS with AP1 works well enough for my needs until i want to change lanes. Sometimes it moves out almost straight away after indicating, other times it waits for ages and the check blind spot flashes, regardless of whether there is any other traffic around.

Is this something i am doing wrong or is this just a "feature"?

EAP on my 2016 MS with AP1 works well enough for my needs until i want to change lanes. Sometimes it moves out almost straight away after indicating, other times it waits for ages and the check blind spot flashes, regardless of whether there is any other traffic around.

EAP was never available on AP1.

What is “check blind spot”?

AP1 will wait if there is an obstruction within range if it’s ultrasonic sensors, or it it believes there is a car in its (not your) blind spot.

Occasionally lane changes will never occur because the car that was in its blind spot (too far forward of the sensors but not yet in camera range) has disappeared (usually by changing lanes itself).

This can be reset by turning off the turn signal and trying again.