Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 experience has improved, very few nags

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

larmor

Oct 27, 2014
Westlake, TX
In the past several weeks, have gotten several firmware updates for our MX AP1. The most recent that i've gotten is 17.26.17. I have driven nearly 20k miles over the past 10 months. I use AP extensively on the highways only and I have dealt with the reminders/nags with holding the wheel. Most of my drives include driving from irvine to pasadena, all highway and HOV lane (yay!).

Now the most recent update has decreased the number of nags to the point i became worried about the car, but resisted to hold. Maybe it is software related or maybe it's machine learning my route. For the record, this was a substantial decrease in the number of hold steering wheel requests, at least five fold fewer...

That's true on long straight divided freeway stretches. But the newer software nags much more frequently in construction zones and on two-lane highways when oncoming traffic is present.

On highway, with latest release, I have the nag everytime someone in front of me move to another highway line !

Example: I was driving on the left line, everytime someone in front was moving away to the right line, I had the nag, 3 times in a row !

Other than that, I think I get less nags