Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update simultaneously on my X and S about an hour ago. Now I need to reactivate my Spotify Premium account and see how it sounds! Hoping us MCU1 owners will be able to upgrade to MCU2 to take advantage of the other v10 features!
Yeah I was driving a DM M3 most of the day today. I still like my slow three year old MS significantly better, but that MCU2 is amazing. The M3 is amazing too, but there's just something I like about my overall car better. I just can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

2016 90D: AP1/MCU1 for me, just got v10 (2019.32.11.1). OMG! The browser is MUCH quicker (and actual usable) , the overall interface going between menus seem much more snappy too. New "Entertainment" screen with pictures of the 5-6 games we are limited to but it looks much cooler. Released notes loaded in about 5-10 seconds, the online manual is quick to load and navigate. I haven't gone for a drive yet but so far I am very impressed with the new responsiveness the main screen now has.

Only a small sample size of me sitting in the garage and clicking around on things and listening to some music Bluetooth streaming from my phone (I have the spotify app listed but i don't have a premium membership which is required to use it)... but HIGHLY recommend installing this on your AP1/MCU1 cars since it makes the GUI so much faster.
I hope the improved browser and UI speed is not just because the update forces a reboot!

Got an upload pending but will have to wait until tonight.

D
Just checked it out and this will be the third firmware with no release notes, no map details either and a broken web browser.
But I did get Joe Mode!!, which I might add, I'll never need, so add that to the arcade and screen savers
Still no speed volume compensation for the radio, and definitely no theater mode.
Spotify is there but it requires a paid subscription, so, I have a low interest in adding it.
Until I get it out on the road, AP and maps will have to wait for me to see if it is a plus or minus
I'm excited to try that part but a part of me is also wondering just what did I download
Do a reboot?

I just got the V10 update but haven't yet installed it.
I have late 2014 85 S with AP1, so i know i won't get most of the new features V10 brought to many, but before i install the V10 i would like to know if any of you in the same boat (AP1/MCU1) who already have installed V10 have any regrets about the update and what are the potential complains about it?

I'm currently the latest V9 version, so yes i have the chargegate issue and have had Spotify since day one because i'm in Europe.

Any downsides for updating?

2016 90D: AP1/MCU1 for me, just got v10 (2019.32.11.1). OMG! The browser is MUCH quicker (and actual usable) , the overall interface going between menus seem much more snappy too. New "Entertainment" screen with pictures of the 5-6 games we are limited to but it looks much cooler. Released notes loaded in about 5-10 seconds, the online manual is quick to load and navigate. I haven't gone for a drive yet but so far I am very impressed with the new responsiveness the main screen now has.

Only a small sample size of me sitting in the garage and clicking around on things and listening to some music Bluetooth streaming from my phone (I have the spotify app listed but i don't have a premium membership which is required to use it)... but HIGHLY recommend installing this on your AP1/MCU1 cars since it makes the GUI so much faster.

Just wanted to follow up from my post above. Went on my normal commute to work and used AP1 more than i typically would.
  • AP1: Nothing really new/noticeable to me
  • Voice assist: Nothing new. Still takes a while for it to listen to my voice on the first attempt
  • Internet Browser: Fast, just like it was last night when i first did the v10 update. Still usable!
  • Scroll wheel on left for music volume: Actually works were up is up and down is down. It used to around jump like +2, -1 when i was trying to increase the volume. This was a nice undocumented fix for me.
  • Map Navigation: Seems like the map renders a little quicker. haven't seen as many black grid boxes. Small sample size so not sure if this is just a placebo from the rest of the GUI running smoother.
  • Font Glitches/music freeze ups: Havent had any of these. Things have been smooth so far.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and AustinP
Holly sh*t!
Never mind.... my car was at the SC when i got the notification of the new update and i didn't installed it on purpose just to see what other had to say about V10 on AP1/MCU1....

BUT i just got another notification saying installation is complete... meaning Tesla just installed it.
It's the first time ever that they do this.
Before they always waited for me to hit the install button, even when the update was downloaded while on the SC (it happened 2 or 3 times before)

It was waiting to be installed this morning and did ask for me to go ahead (50 minute install time) but my wife drove the car to work and started the install there. One strange thing is that I noticed the car was unlocked (was looking at Teslafi) after the install..

I got the V10 update for my S 2014 AP1. The update did nit finish, the MCU remains black.
After a reset it came back with empty release notes, but with version 2019.32.11.1.

The browser is dead, even a reset with brake pedal did not change it. Before the browser was slow, but working ok.
Now it is a white window covering most of the screen.

Was anybody able to solve this problem?

• Informative
Reactions: BrokerDon
I got the V10 update for my S 2014 AP1. The update did nit finish, the MCU remains black.
After a reset it came back with empty release notes, but with version 2019.32.11.1.

The browser is dead, even a reset with brake pedal did not change it. Before the browser was slow, but working ok.
Now it is a white window covering most of the screen.

Was anybody able to solve this problem?
Someone managed to revive it by sitting in their car for 5 minutes or so after having powered down the car. So sad to see the browser is still a pita.

Do we lose the ability to have the browser in a window below the Tesla navigation in V10 ?

I run Tesla Waze all the time in split window to locate the CHP on the freeways and The Toll Roads
Yes in v10 the browser now takes up all but the top 2" of the Model S screen. It's all that or nothing, if you try to drag the window down to resize it, the browser disappears.

so, useless for your use case. Another regression in useability