Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you request songs on Spotify with voice like you can with slacker?

Yes, works the same, as well as search through the touchscreen. The best part is the ability to request whole albums.

Actually I take that back, and there is more info:

voice with slacker used to bring up the requested radio station directly, while on Spotify it brings you to the search screen only. Something else I’ve noticed is I can no longer search in slacker. If I am streaming with slacker and searched I assumed it would search within slacker: not the case: you choose the song and it plays the song using Spotify.

So I can no longer search using slacker. Weird.

I didn’t get v10 so far.
TeslaFi stats and some comments here seems to confirm that the latest version deployment is being stopped for per-AP2 cars at least.

I know it looks like there is not much in v10 for AP1/MCU1 but the little bits looks like practical improvements that I have come to appreciate.

Joe mode : looking forward to that one, that I did not see coming: although kids are teens now, my lady takes naps on our trips and the AP noise when disengaging are annoying and even stressful as it might mean a potential risky situation. I know that when she drives and I try to sleep, hearing the disengagement wakes me up. But that might be just me.

The improved map is finally there: I’ve been wondering why this simple feature took so long: it’s so practical to look around and be able to select a business or other poi and select as destination or simply call for booking a table. I was fortunate to see it in action in a friend’s S, and I’m a bit bummed: it does not show opening state anymore :-(. That data (opening hours and state) was added a year or two back). Again one of those little things that have a practical use.

I am sad we don’t get the video related improvement, also because I’m convinced the mcu1 can handle them. Certainly if the car is not driving. But at the same time, we almost never stay in the car while waiting for the charge to complete. I enjoy going to the mall or restaurant nearby.

Ok, I guess end of next week we’ll have a new .x version released and hopefully sent my way.

Cheers

I didn’t get v10 so far.
TeslaFi stats and some comments here seems to confirm that the latest version deployment is being stopped for per-AP2 cars at least.

I know it looks like there is not much in v10 for AP1/MCU1 but the little bits looks like practical improvements that I have come to appreciate.

Joe mode : looking forward to that one, that I did not see coming: although kids are teens now, my lady takes naps on our trips and the AP noise when disengaging are annoying and even stressful as it might mean a potential risky situation. I know that when she drives and I try to sleep, hearing the disengagement wakes me up. But that might be just me.

The improved map is finally there: I’ve been wondering why this simple feature took so long: it’s so practical to look around and be able to select a business or other poi and select as destination or simply call for booking a table. I was fortunate to see it in action in a friend’s S, and I’m a bit bummed: it does not show opening state anymore :-(. That data (opening hours and state) was added a year or two back). Again one of those little things that have a practical use.

I am sad we don’t get the video related improvement, also because I’m convinced the mcu1 can handle them. Certainly if the car is not driving. But at the same time, we almost never stay in the car while waiting for the charge to complete. I enjoy going to the mall or restaurant nearby.

Ok, I guess end of next week we’ll have a new .x version released and hopefully sent my way.

Cheers
Makes me feel bad for getting the v10 update and not installing it. Just not enough data on Chargegate or Batterygate changes for me to load it yet -- my trust level is pretty darn low. Of course, since they withdrew the upgrade offer, it's moot.

My browser is running great! (compared to the unusable mess it was before). It's comparable to loading webpages on an older tablet but definitely usable now. Lost the function of the half screen browser like others have said but I never used that functionality of it before.

I had an appointment today at the SeC for noise coming from a recently repaired door handle.

Bluetooth would not connect my phone and I had also noticed wifi was not working (unable to remote start climate this morning), so I chose to reboot on my way there... and the MCU stayed black for the remainder of the drive.

It was excellent timing, given I was anyway driving to the SeC :D

Service responsible soon told me it was a software issue (*), not hardware. Great from them to keep the customer informed quickly by the way :).

But that operation turned out to also require a factory reset. My lifetime counters. :( But heck, better that than a new MCU1. And as a free giveaway: update prompted on my way home.:cool:

So back home, I jumped from 32.2.1 to 32.11.1

This short story to give perspective to my perception of v10: it has indeed a much faster and functional browser. Well done Tesla :).
But is it purely the benefit from v10, or did the factory reset do some helping?

That's my little feedback after about 5' playing with it. Time will tell if the browser stalls again on its own. Browser used to give up on me within 24h, even without using it. I hope not this time: being able to open now from the map a web page from restaurants and other poi's is a practical improvement I appreciate.

Side note: Still, I am not able to load Tesla Waze. Page starts to load, but stays black. But at least it does not kill the browser.

(*) Some file corrupted (?) and needing to run some software to repair. (Checkdisk ??? :p)

I had an appointment today at the SeC for noise coming from a recently repaired door handle.

Bluetooth would not connect my phone and I had also noticed wifi was not working (unable to remote start climate this morning), so I chose to reboot on my way there... and the MCU stayed black for the remainder of the drive.

Service responsible soon told me it was a software issue (*), not hardware. Great from them to keep the customer informed quickly by the way :).

But that operation turned out to also require a factory reset. My lifetime counters. :( But heck, better that than a new MCU1. And as a free giveaway: update prompted on my way home.:cool:

This short story to give perspective to my perception of v10: it has indeed a much faster and functional browser. Well done Tesla :).
But is it purely the benefit from v10, or did the factory reset do some helping?

That's my little feedback after about 5' playing with it. Time will tell if the browser stalls again on its own. Browser used to give up on me within 24h, even without using it. I hope not this time: being able to open now from the map a web page from restaurants and other poi's is a practical improvement I appreciate.

Side note: Still, I am not able to load Tesla Waze. Page starts to load, but stays black. But at least it does not kill the browser.

(*) Some file corrupted (?) and needing to run some software to repair. (Checkdisk ??? :p)
I was going to give this post a thumbs up until the story ended with the browser not actually working. Please keep us posted.

Reactions: AustinP

I had the same issue with Teslawaze. Everything else seems to work though so it's likely Teslawaze will have to fix something at their end to make it work with V10. At least on MCU1.

Make that 4 times. Is this happening to anyone else?
I've noticed that if the MCU reboots for any reason while a software update is pending, a "software update is available" notification will be sent to the app. Presumably you haven't actually installed the same update 4 times, you just got notified 4 times while that update was available?

I got notified of a software update on my 2015 P85D (AP 1.0) last night. I'm guessing this is probably V10 since I'm currently on V9 (2019.32.2.1 )... and ev-fw.com is showing both 2019.32.11.1 and 2019.32.12.1 already installed on other AP 1.0 Model S.
  1. Do you think my pending update is V10 ??? (no way to tell that I know of since I'm on V9)
  2. Will the V10 web browser work? If so, will Tesla Waze run on it?
V9 is running great and I'm leaning towards IIABDFI.

Thoughts from other AP 1.0 owners who have upgraded to V10 would be REALLY appreciated.

1. Do you think my pending update is V10 ??? (no way to tell that I know of since I'm on V9)
  2. Will the V10 web browser work? If so, will Tesla Waze run on it?.
V10 is in wide release now, so if you don't want it, don't update. That being said, V10 is just V9 with some extra features.
The web browser functions the same as V9, except that now you can't resize the window. Hopefully this was just an oversight on Tesla's side and that will get fixed in the future. I've heard mixed things about Tesla Waze in this version, but I don't use it myself. Let's be for real, we've heard mixed thing about Tesla Waze in V9 as well.

• Informative
Reactions: BrokerDon
I'm in the UK so I don't know if things work differently with our Teslas here but while the browser does seem a bit more responsive, a) you can't resize it anymore, so b) it occupies most of the screen and c) this means it obscures the navigation list if you are using it and d) Teslawaze - the last time I tried a few days ago - just shows a blank screen. Other sites work fine though. I wonder if Teslawaze developers need to modify their site to suit but i haven't tried it since then.

• Informative
I just got the v10 upgrade (2019.32.12.1) last night for my 2015 P85DL (AP1.0, MCU1) in Ontario Canada.
  • It includes Spotify (which seems to work really well!) which is what I really wanted out of this upgrade! Woo hoo!
  • It doesn't include Tesla Theatre or Car-a-oke which would have been cool, but wasn't critical for me.
  • Being able to click on the points-of-interest on the map to bring up their Google rating, phone number, website, etc. is a really nice addition.
  • I was able to use the browser last night but it was still somewhat slow (about 5MBPS) given that my house has a very consistent 50 MBPS. To be honest, I haven't really used the browser at all in the past so I don't know how it compares
  • The screen seems pretty responsive, but I never thought it was slow or anything to begin with. I can't really tell if it's any better than before
  • I still haven't tested to see how fast the maps and satellite images load when zooming in/out -- hopefully it's faster than in v9

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and BrokerDon
I got notified of a software update on my 2015 P85D (AP 1.0) last night. I'm guessing this is probably V10 since I'm currently on V9 (2019.32.2.1 )... and ev-fw.com is showing both 2019.32.11.1 and 2019.32.12.1 already installed on other AP 1.0 Model S.
  2. Will the V10 web browser work? If so, will Tesla Waze run on it?
V9 is running great and I'm leaning towards IIABDFI.

Thoughts from other AP 1.0 owners who have upgraded to V10 would be REALLY appreciated.

Monday I updated and was quite thrilled by the little things like: map poi allowing to open the poi's web page... and quite decently (*). Not fast but decent. And I'm sure, the browser is more reactive than v9.
Yet again, since Wednesday, browser died and is back the blank page. Whatever voodoo I try (and several procedures explained here), it won't revive. Reboot might, but there is no point as it will blank out in a few days anyway.

Still happy that I upgraded: no actual regression for me.:cool: Joe mode is always on, and being able to select on the map a destination, and have that small info window (opening hours, call,...) is quite nice.

That's my experience, but it's not everyone's, so ... take a chance ;)

(*) decent... euphemism to say that the browser is still awfully slow and reminds me of my Win95 + 33.6 kbps US Robotics on Netscape. Just without the noise from setting up the connection :rolleyes:. But I guess when you get used to very bad, a little bit better is better

• Informative
We seem to live in the same world as I too have a P85D with Ludicrous mode and I was also updated last night. Except my car was made in 2014 and delivered in the first week fo 2015 - I don't know if that makes it a 2014 or 2015.

Model Year can be confusing. Answer should be on your Tesla's MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) or in your Tesla account.

Was your update to V10 ?

If so what is your Tesla's Firmware Version ? (my V9 firmware version is currently 2019.32.2.1)

If so, how is the browser speed (and everything else)?

Yes, update was to V10. I now have Spotify which is exciting as I have been a Spotify subscriber for years, but I haven't tried browser or used the UI very much as of yet.

Thanks!

Let me know as soon as you ran the browser through its paces... especially if Tesla Waze works and what Fast.com reports on 4G LTE and WiFi. I run Tesla Waze all the time on the road to keep an eye on "speed traps" since my Ludicrous P85D+ has a lead foot (not the driver LOL).