Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a 2015 MS P85D and still haven't received the update yet despite my car being connected to WiFi in the garage. Are there still many folks who have not received the update?

Thanks,
Seb
Are you still waiting on v10? If so, there is probably something jammed in your update process.
I’d use the app to schedule service for a software update. The process will make you chose an appointment date, but my experience is that the service center will remotely force the update and cancel the appointment.

Are you still waiting on v10? If so, there is probably something jammed in your update process.
I’d use the app to schedule service for a software update. The process will make you chose an appointment date, but my experience is that the service center will remotely force the update and cancel the appointment.

Thank you Austin, yes, I'm still waiting for V10. I'll try your suggested method!

Finally received firmware 2019.32.12.8 e831d0e today on our Tesla S 85 (2015 AP1) car. I had to call Tesla Customer Service and they pushed the software. I was told that we should expect another update in about 2 weeks. I wonder if this is the 3-5% improvement that Elon Musk had mentioned last week.

Still have not received the APP update on my iPhone that provides additional functionality (as per the System manual) to open the garage door.. This is not a big benefit for us as our Chamberlain garage-door open with MyQ APP does much more than Open/close the garage door

After installing three updates for version 10 (through 2019.32.12.3) on my 2015 AP1 car, I am having no immediate problems. Autopilot remains solid, my browser works (albeit slowly, but it actually did work today when i tested it), and I am very pleased that the audio system is holding songs where they were paused when I left the car! This last has been a longstanding annoyance so fingers crossed that is fixed and will stay that way! It has worked so far with songs and podcasts from TuneIn and with music on my USB drive. If there is anything "broken," I have not yet found it. But I have only driven the car about 100 miles or so in the few days since I got the updates.

My 2013 p85’s mcu is needing to be restarted every day or every other day along with graphical glitches. In addition my memory linked mirrors haven't worked for the past two years (brought to service center 4 times). Is this a failing MCU? My car is still under warranty and the service center just says “these are known issues that will be fixed with firmware updates” which is frankly bs

My 2013 p85’s mcu is needing to be restarted every day or every other day along with graphical glitches. In addition my memory linked mirrors haven't worked for the past two years (brought to service center 4 times). Is this a failing MCU? My car is still under warranty and the service center just says “these are known issues that will be fixed with firmware updates” which is frankly bs
I won't go so far as saying my Service Center is feeding me B/S, But...
I did try to call them with my issues on missing release notes on the last three updates.
When I finally reached them, they said "it would even out in the next update". Imagine his surprise when i informed him uh- no. This has been an issue for the last 3 updates!
I will say, the font artifacts did go away and the media player does keep the last song played. The USB stick is really manageable now & the connectivity issues are minimal, so there are these small improvements.
When I explained that I felt that the blank browser & missing release notes was a combined problem, the tech only said he would have to get back to me about that.
Since the issues with the failing MCU's have been getting more traction and I read about the common symptoms, I'm being to think my 4 year old MCU is getting slower & suspect to fail.
I haven't called the Service Center back, nor have they called me as promised, so at this point I'm just waiting for good news that Tesla will offer a replacement unit. Either way, I am at the mid point of my warranty and I don't feel my MCU will last much longer.
My Service Center in Indianapolis has always treated us great and have always been proactive, so with saying that, I'm not going to push the issues about problems I can live with.
The browser was never a useful item and I can read about the release note here on TMC, but if the MCU dies, well now that's an problem!!

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and BrokerDon
Looks like Tesla is rolling out their new firmware release 2019.36.1 0164b9a. Most of the new functionality will benefit the newer cars but we "old Tesla" S owners will benefit from the 3% boost. Not sure if this boost is in range or car performance.