Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU2 - no colorizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, strange. I got the upgrade that says I can now change the color of the vehicle avatar. Only there is no colorizer option in either the entertainment or service sections. Do any AP1/MCU2 vehicles have access to the colorizer?

Possibility - Tesla recently cut off my supercharging (details below). Apparently they decided, after 5 years, my car was a salvage vehicle. When they did that the avatar color changed on some of the screens. Is it possibly related to that? Do the color variable and the supercharging check digit have something in common?

Maybe @wk057 has some thoughts?

[I have owned an AP1 85 for over 5 years - had warranty and supercharging the whole time (including two new drive units installed on Tesla's dime). I move to another state and, hey presto, Tesla decides they were wrong when they told me it was under warranty (before I bought it). Now they've discovered that it was, in fact, a surplus vehicle (under a strange circumstance - no insurance company ever paid out on it). Now they've pulled the warranty they've given me for all those 200,000 miles as well as the supercharging - making my car worth next to nothing. I've contacted Joseph Alm, (Tesla attorney) and various others, all to no avail. Next steps anyone?]

I have a 2015 Model S, upgraded to MCU2 and was told the car colorizer was not in the upgrade package. Refer to Tesla website that states the feature you get with the MCU2 upgrade. So Tesla brags about OTA updates adding new features but not if you upgrade your MCU computer but if your car already had the MCU2 in it you’ll get it. What’s up with that Tesla.

Reactions: jschimel
Im also an AP1/MCU2 upgrade and there are several updates that dont show up for me. Along with the colorizer, the tire pressure page doesnt show up and I cannot uninstall games. Anyone else?
Yup, same. Currently on 2022.24.8. No colorizer, no tire pressure on the service screen (but it does show up in the app), and cannot uninstall games. The only one I was interested in was the tire pressure.

Tesla software will never add that colorized option for Ap1 upgrades(to Mcu2) conform by tesla service manager,they don’t think the software team will add this later

Based on the continuing misinformation and outright lies I have caught the service center staff in.... I'm not sure I'd believe them (without checking other sources) if they informed me that there are 7 days in a week. I seriously doubt that any service center staff have the first clue what happens in the programming department.

Also since it would appear that the latest software update (2022.24.6) now causes a loud high pitched whine from the car when parked.... There's an argument to be made that the programmers ALSO might not know what they are doing all the time.