Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 Model S crossed yellow line during lane merge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Believe me, I've tried everything to get it to nudge over a few inches when passing people while AP is engaged. As I increase pressure on the steering wheel, the car does not move one millimeter, until I get to the point of disengagement, which isn't much. Even with sustained pressure just below that point, car does not move. It's extremely frustrating, especially since people report that earlier versions of AP1 did allow such nudging or adjustments.

I am also on 17.14.23 and I am unable to nudge at all. If @phaduman can nudge without disengagement on the same version then it doesn't seem tied to the version. I most definitely did have that capability at one time, though, so this seems like something related to the individual car. I don't know when the behavior changed. I have had the car in to the service center twice for unrelated issues, but I can't think of anything else that might have changed.

After a couple hundred miles of driving yesterday, I can say without doubt that AP1 isn't as good as it used to be. It's squirrely within the lanes, often cross lines on both left and right, disengages with very little pressure, and for the first time ever I am now getting nags.

Reactions: HankLloydRight