TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ap1 MS Heater running late at night

Discussion in 'Model S' started by silby1383, Mar 16, 2018.

1. silby1383

silby1383 Member

Twice now I have walked into my garage at 9:30 at night and find my car's climate system running. I have smart pre-conditioning turned in, but I never drive at this time. Any thoughts?

2. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

Turn smart preconditioning off and see if that solves the problem. It's the wrong way to provide preconditioning.

It should be possible to manually program the car for the exact days and times that the car should be preheated. My 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has that capability and it can be set from the car's app or a computer. It only works when the car is plugged in.