Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like others have reported, saw it and installed it early this morning. Haven't driven yet and probably won't be Supercharging any time soon. I'm sure the slight release number change 2020.48.37.1 => 2020.48.37.2 means only "bug fixes" and which bugs are fixed we'll never know.

Just like others have reported, saw it and installed it early this morning. Haven't driven yet and probably won't be Supercharging any time soon. I'm sure the slight release number change 2020.48.37.1 => 2020.48.37.2 means only "bug fixes" and which bugs are fixed we'll never know.

My background is enterprise computer software. We issued such minor version patches in preparation for smooth upgrades to a much larger and more invasive software update. Meaning, we tested the hell out of the upgrade path to a major new release, and if we found anything that needed a tweak to make upgrade work well, we issued a emergency (all clients and service teams notified) minor patch to older releases to ensure smooth upgrade. My guess, Tesla is preparing the fleet for a major update. I could be wrong.

My background is enterprise computer software. We issued such minor version patches in preparation for smooth upgrades to a much larger and more invasive software update. Meaning, we tested the hell out of the upgrade path to a major new release, and if we found anything that needed a tweak to make upgrade work well, we issued a emergency (all clients and service teams notified) minor patch to older releases to ensure smooth upgrade. My guess, Tesla is preparing the fleet for a major update. I could be wrong.
Why would someone give this post a thumbs down? The dude literally took the time to post up HIS personal first-hand experience in the software development segment regarding common best practices in that arena and you disagree? Maybe you can offer your first-hand experience on the exact topic that counters his statements and provide reasoning behind why? Otherwise, why bother clicking the disagree button?

Hell do some people expect in a discussion forum when someone can't contribute actual first-hand experience on the topic?

Well a SOC + charge rate factor of 115 is about 10 points higher than any number I have seen over the past year and a half.

I have seen higher charge rates at lower soc, but they fall rapidly quickly after plugging in.

The time it took to type this and load the picture and it is holding at 111: 36% and 75 kW. 167k km on her now :)

edit: oh, recently on 2020.48.37.2

Attachments

• D7279267-6219-41E8-990E-75BCB09DBC5D.jpeg
    D7279267-6219-41E8-990E-75BCB09DBC5D.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
He lies a lot.

I know people like to say that about Elon, but if he really does have Asperger's like he said last week, it's doubtful he's ever trying to lie. People with autism spectrum disorders find it very difficult to lie.

Deliberately lying requires social awareness and autism spectrum people struggle to grok the social cues neurologically normal people have wired into their subconscious. That's why they are so awkward socially.

Someone who is on the spectrum can make predictions that are wrong, or come up with theories that aren't correct, but when they say something they are usually telling what they think is the truth.

In other words Elon probably never deliberately lies, but he is sometimes wrong about things. Sometimes very wrong.

As for what's happening with the recent updates, it's possible something big is coming and that big thing might be in plain sight: FSD. Elon has said that FSD should be getting a major upgrade very soon. Most of the firmware work right now might be in tying up loose ends and testing the upgrade, thus the rest of the firmware team is just fixing a few minor bugs.

As time goes on the AP1 cars will probably get less and less attention from Tesla. Every day those cars become a smaller and smaller percentage of the fleet and a smaller priority for Tesla. Supporting the pre-AP2 hardware in the fleet is probably a pain Tesla would rather not deal with.

Reactions: SmartElectric
As for what's happening with the recent updates, it's possible something big is coming and that big thing might be in plain sight: FSD.
I agree with this but I believe we should not underestimate the workload associated with the new S and X MCU. When the 3 came out, it took months before and after for their dev team to prepare a first “viable” version and then add the missing features and correct the bugs. During that period, mcu1 did not see much improvement or new features.

After a pre-drive scroll-wheel reset, a task I usually perform after an update, I drove about 40 miles Friday night in multiple trips. Noticed last night my IC has not shut off despite the car being locked and I am losing about 3 to 4 percent of my charge per day.

Could be a glitch. I will try another reboot before driving today.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric