Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge gate was reverted, this has been discussed already. My supercharging (2016 facelift 90D) is actually faster than it was the year I got the car. Now I get up to 150kW when the old 2016 cap was 115kW. You're also missing out on supercharger pre-heating.

For your 90D, perhaps. For those with older-generation batteries (and I believe Carlog has a P85D), chargeate is still very much a thing - although some have it worse than others.

I might have a fix for you with album art/media glitching.

Apologies if you've already tried this.

Go into service and take note of your wheel configuration. If you're on 19's, change to 21 or vice versa. The car will reboot but it's not a normal reboot. It's a bit of a hard reset. After it comes back up, go into service again and change your wheel size back to what it was and it will reboot again.

I had a lot of issues with either the wrong media/album art showing or nothing at all and that reset appears to have solved my problems. Skipping ahead multiple songs is super responsive now. It used to be when I skipped 3 or 4 songs ahead, it would lag and then I'd get a loading error.

Hope this helps
Worked for me! Thanks

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
My 90 pack has never degraded. The 90% was 268 new, and it was still 267 until a firmware update that reduced the range came out a couple of years ago (due a the battery fire in China). It now charges to 261, but my WH/Mi have dropped from around 285 to 268 (I have no idea why). Driving any distance on mostly flat terrain starting at 90% charge, when I get to my destination the estimated range remaining + the miles driven usually equals closer to 267 than 261.

I don't supercharge very often. On my last road trip I had more problems with sick superchargers than the car being throttled.
Lucky you. Your 90 pack is a V2 I guess. My V1 90 pack is currently showing 228 miles at 100%. Has done 46k miles and hardly any DC charging by me or previous owner/s. The V1 pack sucks and how they are allowed to be in use especially on a P90DL is beyond me.

Just updated to 2020.48.37.6 with no noted issues found. My 4 months of effectively constant running pumps and being awake stopped a month or so ago - guess this was Tesla checking my pack was not going to burn my garage down. One thing to be grateful for at least.

Lucky you. Your 90 pack is a V2 I guess. My V1 90 pack is currently showing 228 miles at 100%. Has done 46k miles and hardly any DC charging by me or previous owner/s. The V1 pack sucks and how they are allowed to be in use especially on a P90DL is beyond me.

Just updated to 2020.48.37.6 with no noted issues found. My 4 months of effectively constant running pumps and being awake stopped a month or so ago - guess this was Tesla checking my pack was not going to burn my garage down. One thing to be grateful for at least.
Same car, same battery. Still hope it’ll die at some point within warranty. Time will tell.

I have an early 2016 refresh. If I recall correctly that was when they started delivering the V2 batteries.

Same car, same battery. Still hope it’ll die at some point within warranty. Time will tell.
I think you have to encourage it to "fail" by driving hard and charging hard? No idea really and "fail" in my mind has already happened but in Tesla's my pack is fine. I think Tesla require a total catastrophic ceasing of function for them to classify it as a failure that needs a new battery.

I think you have to encourage it to "fail" by driving hard and charging hard? No idea really and "fail" in my mind has already happened but in Tesla's my pack is fine. I think Tesla require a total catastrophic ceasing of function for them to classify it as a failure that needs a new battery.
Of course the downfall of this strategy is that it doesn't, and you end up with an 8+ year old battery that is weaker than it could have been.