Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the latest update : 2021.12.25.7. Did someone with a 85/70/60 battery update and seen any change in SuC speed charging?
I expect you will not see any difference until a MCU1 car gets a decent update. The MCU2 cars all get the updates of the infotainment but I do not expect they are excluding MCU1 owners from these critical changes regarding SuC speeds.

• Helpful
Reactions: AustinP
Answering to myself:
-BT audio progress bar
-browser loading bar
-redesigned phone UI
-range display modified to correspond real world (limited to certain years models)
-Boombox/Trax/Rainbow road has been removed from Toybox due to local regulations (available only in HongKong)-MCU2
-Powerwall coordination to enhance charging on power outages
-new language support (Finnish and Croatian)
-Sky Force Reloaded added to Arcade -MCU2

20210802_192521.jpg

Just got the update. Pretty much notes say it's just a new game.

Hi, did anyone on a 85/70/60 with f/w 2021.4.xx or above can confirm trip planner is improved? My experience with 2020.36.11 is totally different, SuC planning seems to be optimized for faster charging cars (less SuC stops on long trips) and is "correcting" the charging times by increasing them. Still way off, does it really improve for "us"?

greens tweet:

1628948841781.png

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Hi, did anyone on a 85/70/60 with f/w 2021.4.xx or above can confirm trip planner is improved? My experience with 2020.36.11 is totally different, SuC planning seems to be optimized for faster charging cars (less SuC stops on long trips) and is "correcting" the charging times by increasing them. Still way off, does it really improve for "us"?

greens tweet:

View attachment 696489
I’m on 2021.4.18.2 and been road tripping the last two weeks. No faster SuC speed and charge duration estimate still too optimistic.

• Helpful
Reactions: oaito
And loss of radio and USB music art.
You can buy the radio but if you have (free) premium connectivity TuneIn works just as fine and USB music art… well it’s a car. I can live without 😀 I always hated how the tech stack of cars aged really fast and that there was no way to upgrade them. Now that there is I’m really happy with the opportunity. MCU2 makes everything works so smooth again and receiving regular updates is something I appreciate, let alone the free map updates (most car dealers charge you € 200 to get an update for a postage-stamp
sized display that runs as fast as an iPhone 3G)

Reactions: henderrj
On my car with MCU1 the two screens were becoming unstable. They would blank out on me when I got in the car and sometimes it would take a few minutes before I could drive. I spent the money on the MCU2 upgrade with the radio and at least for me it's worth it. Others might have a different opinion.