Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019.16.1.1 here, was looking forward to the battery condition when approaching a supercharger. Did a day trip on Saturday and I actually got terrible charging speeds at the supercharger both times :( Not sure if it was a software issue or a supercharger that was only putting out very limited power. I was getting around 38-40kwh and the slightly newer MS a couple slots down was getting 100+.

That said it's not the end of the world for me because I rarely use superchargers, but it was pretty lacklustre. Is this a limitation of my '15 MS?

2019.16.1.1 here, was looking forward to the battery condition when approaching a supercharger. Did a day trip on Saturday and I actually got terrible charging speeds at the supercharger both times :( Not sure if it was a software issue or a supercharger that was only putting out very limited power. I was getting around 38-40kwh and the slightly newer MS a couple slots down was getting 100+.

That said it's not the end of the world for me because I rarely use superchargers, but it was pretty lacklustre. Is this a limitation of my '15 MS?

Looks like I have the same car as yours. My only supercharging after 2019.16.1.1 was also slower overall. I started at 10% and 112kwh but quickly settled around 50 and then started to taper down at a much lower rate than in the past. Not a big deal but noticeable.

For the battery preconditioning to work, you must have the SuC as your destination in the navigation.
We supercharge a lot when going on vacations and it happens now and then that the SuC does not deliver what it should. I then move to another one and it usually fixes it.
Note that I don’t understand the logic always: last year, in France, plugged in, checked that the speed was above 110, so all good. A fellow Tesla owner charging further away, with a face lifted car asked me if charging was ok, as he had tried that charger just before me and did not get much KW.

Not sure if it was a software issue or a supercharger that was only putting out very limited power. I was getting around 38-40kwh and the slightly newer MS a couple slots down was getting 100+.
I assume you know about the A|B pairing and you two were not sharing a supercharger where you were A or B and they were the other one?

Note the pairs are not always next to each other so you actually have to look at the labels to be sure you are not pairing when choosing a charger.

Other than that if someone had used the charger prior to your use it could also have slowed down from that but that's usually when it's very hot outside. Was the handle on the SC cable hot when you plugged in?

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
on my 70d and 16.1.1 I've lost my EQ settings and AM/FM radio!! LOL they are gone!!

Yes, many reboots and nothing still. This sucks, defiantly going to call them now about this. Cannot imagine how crap like this slips past QC.

Ohh, and constant black/no screens and long 2 to 5 min delays of nothing when I get in car. Even if I just leave for a few minutes and get right back in... screens are dead and take forever to come back up.

16.1.1 sucks

on my 70d and 16.1.1 I've lost my EQ settings and AM/FM radio!! LOL they are gone!!

Yes, many reboots and nothing still. This sucks, defiantly going to call them now about this. Cannot imagine how crap like this slips past QC.

Ohh, and constant black/no screens and long 2 to 5 min delays of nothing when I get in car. Even if I just leave for a few minutes and get right back in... screens are dead and take forever to come back up.

16.1.1 sucks
16.1.1 is actually great for me. Not perfect, but improved slightly over 50.6, which was quite solid.
Your symptoms are not normal behavior in my experience. I’d definitely call the support on this.

After a few days of use, AP in 16.1.1 is much worse than 2018.50.6. I randomly got an abrupt “ping ponging” between the lines of a very well-marked highway lane. On the screen the left line disappeared, then right line, alternating like that about 5 times. Every time the car would veer left and right. I have never had that happen before.
I had one hard phantom braking incident, also the first time that’s happened in 2 years. The car also continues to slow down passing by highway offramps.

Reactions: Litigate28
I've gone from 2018.50.6 to 2019.12.1.1 to 2016.16.1.1 on my S85D. For me, AP behaves about the same as it did back on 2018.50.6...no surprises anywhere I've tried it (which is basically freeways...I'm still amazed at the places people have tried using AP, but that's another post for another day). The nav display might be updating a little smoother (see other posts about reduced logging) but honestly when I'm operating the car (with or without AP engaged) I don't stare at the screen long enough to try to characterize the frame rate.

Hoping to do some touch-and-go Supercharger visits this coming weekend, so I'll have a better idea of any AP changes, if any, but so far it's feeling like a big no-op on my car. (Which is totally fine by me.)

Bruce.

Still doing it... called and talked to advanced support... they said it's "because of my 16gb USB stick with FLAC files on it" LOLZ

Ok then.. we'll see how this plays out in the next day or so.. I also said V9/2019 is a piece of $hit and V8 never did this and I've had this stick in there forever! :p

Still doing it... called and talked to advanced support... they said it's "because of my 16gb USB stick with FLAC files on it" LOLZ

Ok then.. we'll see how this plays out in the next day or so.. I also said V9/2019 is a piece of $hit and V8 never did this and I've had this stick in there forever! :p

Now that I saw you video I better understand.
I can say that this did happen once indeed since on 16.1.1.
I did not worry as it is about the IC screen and it came back up pretty fast like on your video too. And all this while MCU is up.
In the past years, it was not unusual to have now and then a glitchy screen behavior.

Thanks for the video, I’ll pay more attention if this happens again.