Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have updated to 2022.24.8 (unfortunately). If I have the backup camera open I can view the music in the small window (about 2 inches tall), and the medium window (about 5 inches tall) but if I try to make it the largest size it will close the rear camera. Pushing the button to resize the window it toggles between the small and medium sizes and never enables the largest size music window with the camera up.

(The entire v11 interface on the vertical screen is just crammed in there to make it work, such a step backwards from v10.)
I just got notification that 2022.28.2 is ready to install, so I will check back if that fixed it.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
After a lengthy drive in traffic today, moderate air temps, went to a packed SuC. Connected to a 250 Kw charger at 21% SoC, 107 deg F pack temp, I saw...

Wait for it....

116 Kw!

Dropped to 112 after a few seconds, but still:

92Kw at 25%
86Kw at 30%
79Kw at 35%
72Kw at 40%
66Kw at 45%
60Kw at 50%

I have not compared these numbers to my spreadsheet values a few years ago, but it seems the new update(s) have sped up charging at the low end...

I just got notification that 2022.28.2 is ready to install, so I will check back if that fixed it.
My 'music window' seems to be acting the same after updating to 2022.28.2. The only new thing listed going from 2022.24.6 to 2022.28.2 is the Theater Mode improvements. Do you guys get logged out of Slacker/LiveOne every time you reboot the car or software update?

1663419876199.png

S90D MCU2 upgrade. (Full specs in my signature)

This probably doesn't apply to too many people in this thread but I recently had a chance to Supercharge after upgrading from my old v10 2021.44.6 to the current v11 2022.28.2 and my max charge rate has increased from 112 to 117kW and my max SoC+kW going from ~153 to 160. I was hesitant to upgrade to v11 thinking that they would continue to nerf our charging speed but it looks like that is the opposite of what happened.

1663680779685.png

Charging speed profile. I think it is a bit bumpy because I was getting in and out of the car and the AC was turning on and off in the cabin.
1663681111888.png

My 'music window' seems to be acting the same after updating to 2022.28.2. The only new thing listed going from 2022.24.6 to 2022.28.2 is the Theater Mode improvements. Do you guys get logged out of Slacker/LiveOne every time you reboot the car or software update?

View attachment 853555
Yes, same here. It’s still not working correctly. It’s getting pretty annoying because to change the channel or playlist it requires closing the top window, making the change, then opening the top window again (in my case backup camera).

S90D MCU2 upgrade. (Full specs in my signature)

This probably doesn't apply to too many people in this thread but I recently had a chance to Supercharge after upgrading from my old v10 2021.44.6 to the current v11 2022.28.2 and my max charge rate has increased from 112 to 117kW and my max SoC+kW going from ~153 to 160. I was hesitant to upgrade to v11 thinking that they would continue to nerf our charging speed but it looks like that is the opposite of what happened.

View attachment 854658

Charging speed profile. I think it is a bit bumpy because I was getting in and out of the car and the AC was turning on and off in the cabin.
View attachment 854661
My experience is the same, even touched 119 for half a minute. A new record and all in all still very usable on road trips.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I just updated to 2022.36.2, it looks like it is mass rolling out to cars.

FYI, we don't get the new energy graph/info :( We dont get the ability to change our overheat protection, but they did change it to 100 degrees vs the 103 or 105 that it was before.

I haven't had a chance to supercharge yet so I don't have any data for that yet.

1665578496451.jpeg

Since I picked up my car post infotainment upgrade work done in summer, I’ve not received any software updates or new navigation data. I’m still at 2022.20.6 software and the nav data at NA-2021.44.13555. My Software Update Preference has always been set to “Advanced” and the car is on a very strong WiFi connection. I'm thinking something might be blocking the updates for me. Possible?

Since I picked up my car post infotainment upgrade work done in summer, I’ve not received any software updates or new navigation data. I’m still at 2022.20.6 software and the nav data at NA-2021.44.13555. My Software Update Preference has always been set to “Advanced” and the car is on a very strong WiFi connection. I'm thinking something might be blocking the updates for me. Possible?
I’d create a request for service in the app. Not normal. I have on average an update every 2 weeks

I got the update 2022.36.2 recently and noticed a difference in the way podcasts (Spotify) work with the skip forward/back from the steering wheel button. Instead of skipping to the next episode, it now skips a few seconds forward or backwards. I am digging this change as I can finally skip podcast commercials without having to study and press the "skip 15 sec" button on the screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: AustinP
I’d create a request for service in the app. Not normal. I have on average an update every 2 weeks

I've opened a support case a few days ago, under the "Other" category. Coincidentally, they just called me. They said they have tried to push a new update yesterday which obviously I did not receive. They pushed another one while still on the phone with me (in addition to a reboot on my side) but I did not receive that one either. They said they will open a new ticket to troubleshoot more remotely and if all fails I need to take the car to the service center. Weird.

I just updated to 2022.36.2, it looks like it is mass rolling out to cars.

FYI, we don't get the new energy graph/info :( We dont get the ability to change our overheat protection, but they did change it to 100 degrees vs the 103 or 105 that it was before.

I haven't had a chance to supercharge yet so I don't have any data for that yet.

View attachment 862986
I jumped from . 24 to .36.2.
So missed or skipped .28.

But indeed as usual, latest update contains all the goodies, so the alternate routes are there too... though honestly not sure if it really is useful. Time will tell.
I got the update 2022.36.2 recently and noticed a difference in the way podcasts (Spotify) work with the skip forward/back from the steering wheel button. Instead of skipping to the next episode, it now skips a few seconds forward or backwards. I am digging this change as I can finally skip podcast commercials without having to study and press the "skip 15 sec" button on the screen.
Great info, I've been hoping for this for ages...

I've opened a support case a few days ago, under the "Other" category. Coincidentally, they just called me. They said they have tried to push a new update yesterday which obviously I did not receive. They pushed another one while still on the phone with me (in addition to a reboot on my side) but I did not receive that one either. They said they will open a new ticket to troubleshoot more remotely and if all fails I need to take the car to the service center. Weird.
I know you've been around here for a while, so probably you know that you can trigger a deeper (weirder?) reboot by changing the wheels in the interface, or alternatively, switching to another language. I've read it cures weird software related issues for others. Already tried?