Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious... Has anyone with AP1/MCU2 and recent software had issues with the frunk not opening with the key fob? The fob still works for other functions, and the frunk unlocks from the screen.

I did have a problem with one of my fobs after I accidentally washed it. I found it in the dryer.

Initially it worked to open the rear hatch, but nothing else. I let it sit with the battery out for a few days and tried again. This time it worked and it has worked fine since.

Yours probably didn't go through the wash.

Alright, spare fob does work for opening the frunk. So I can add that to my list of things for the next visit to the service center. Thanks everyone for your help 🙏

A quick thing to try is to change the battery. It may be getting weak and the front opening may be the first thing to go for some reason. The battery for the Model S is a CR2032. It may be the same for the Model X, though the MS fob is standard radio frequency and the MX is Bluetooth.

A mobile tech told me the worst thing about the MX is having to program a key fob. He said it's a long, complex process and if you make a mistake, you have to start over. But that's pairing a fob to the car, just changing the battery is almost certainly as straight forward as the S.

Reactions: whitex
2023.12.5 finally brings a normal slider for setting your SoC. Also bigger font size on driver display. Hopefully also better navigation since this stuff makes no sense whatsoever (driver display states sufficient charge, MCU states -3% upon arrival)

View attachment 936019
If you’re referring to the 83%, the driver display shows an absolute estimate, think of it as a fuel gauge. The MCU is showing you an actual trip estimate from point A to B, taking into account hills and winds. Of course they are different

Just noticed a few extra service menu goodies in 2023.12.5. You can now purge/refill the cooling system, run a thermal test and reset the BMS

There might be a few more too, but this can only be good news for those of us that like to look after our own cars
@wk057 Does that mean that Tesla heard your call and is now making this available to everyone as a counter measure to fraudsters selling this?

@wk057 Does that mean that Tesla heard your call and is now making this available to everyone as a counter measure to fraudsters selling this?

vldl-i-could-never-have-foreseen-this.gif

So 2023.12.9 brings more improvements for us AP1 drivers. You can now calibrate the sun roof yourself as well as gen 3 door handles. It will show you what door handles you have installed, there's indeed a BMS reset button and there's a CSS retrofit button (no idea what that does). I hope they'll continue to bring more of this so it becomes even easier to maintain our legacy S cars ourselves.

• Informative
Reactions: jgs and richrootes
So 2023.12.9 brings more improvements for us AP1 drivers. You can now calibrate the sun roof yourself as well as gen 3 door handles. It will show you what door handles you have installed, there's indeed a BMS reset button and there's a CSS retrofit button (no idea what that does). I hope they'll continue to bring more of this so it becomes even easier to maintain our legacy S cars ourselves.
Indeed! I’ve had 12.9 downloaded a few days now, but didn’t want to install it in case they removed the service menu goodies, but if they added the CCS button, they’re adding more

Those have been in there since 2023.12.1 and even some of those settings little bit older. I made a post about it here: 2023.12.1 Updated Service Menu and tools for legacy cars

I noticed my AP1 on 2023.12.9 seems to want to overshoot the lane when changing lanes with the turn signal now. I really doubt they changed anything with AP1 so maybe its just placebo but when I change lanes it happens for example: left lane to the right lane it over shoots the lane and almost goes out of the right side of the right lane now. It can "see" the blue line and just hugs it and almost goes past it instead of being centered.