Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be part of the problem. Stuck on checking for updates. WiFi or not
MVIMG_20191004_151530.jpg

Same for me too and no issues. @Grumble another option is schedule a service in the app for a software update and you may be able to add notes for a force reinstall or service usually sends a text message.
I have a long history with failed firmware updates and/or reduced functionality due to bad code. They will not push an update you already have and they will not downgrade you either. Beat that to death with them ad nauseum.

I was just sitting in my car in my garage and just got a warning I've never seen. Said that in cabin cooling was reduced to cool the battery. It's hot here but been way hotter before and I've never seen that. Might be time to kick it in the balls.

I installed V10 in my MS (2015,AP1/MCU1), yesterday, drove a lot in congested traffic and highways - AP was fine, but I've never really had a problem before. Browser is still slow - almost unusable. Apart from the minor enhancements (lucky/hungry etc) and a slight increase in screen responsiveness, - V10 seems to have changed very little.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Apart from the minor enhancements (lucky/hungry etc) and a slight increase in screen responsiveness, - V10 seems to have changed very little.

Another couple of buttons I will never use. Try hitting the icon of the globe for the restaurant chosen with feeling hungry and watch a large white screen for an infinite amount of time... why was it even installed for MCU1 cars?

But loving Spotify. A few times I was waiting for it to buffer, but it did with Slacker also. That and Joe mode are the only UI improvements in V10 for me. Not sure about the map improvements yet.

AP1 might have improved marginally, not quite sure yet, but I didn't get this huge improvement others have reported with 2019.32.2.1 Some reports of better/ more natural spacing in traffic with TAC or AP, but I am no help here as I never use either in traffic. If it is better and slows down sooner approaching a car stopped at a light instead of letting off the accelerator so late that brake in necessary, great, but I guarantee it still uses too much brake for my liking. Too many people don't "coast" enough. Waste of energy, whether that is an EV or an ICE.

But if someone is still on the fence with V10 I don't see any disadvantage compared to 2019.32.2.1, no changes with range or supercharging speed, so go for it.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Another couple of buttons I will never use. Try hitting the icon of the globe for the restaurant chosen with feeling hungry and watch a large white screen for an infinite amount of time... why was it even installed for MCU1 cars?

But loving Spotify. A few times I was waiting for it to buffer, but it did with Slacker also. That and Joe mode are the only UI improvements in V10 for me. Not sure about the map improvements yet.

AP1 might have improved marginally, not quite sure yet, but I didn't get this huge improvement others have reported with 2019.32.2.1 Some reports of better/ more natural spacing in traffic with TAC or AP, but I am no help here as I never use either in traffic. If it is better and slows down sooner approaching a car stopped at a light instead of letting off the accelerator so late that brake in necessary, great, but I guarantee it still uses too much brake for my liking. Too many people don't "coast" enough. Waste of energy, whether that is an EV or an ICE.

But if someone is still on the fence with V10 I don't see any disadvantage compared to 2019.32.2.1, no changes with range or supercharging speed, so go for it.
Thanks for at least mentioning Supercharging rate and range, but are you capped or throttled already? If not, then it isn't really a data point for those of us who are.

Thanks for at least mentioning Supercharging rate and range, but are you capped or throttled already? If not, then it isn't really a data point for those of us who are.

No the "battery gate" didn't affect me as far as lower max voltage in a module and therefore overall capacity goes, so I cannot comment on whether it brought back more range or not, but I think everyone had their supercharging speed reduced or "throttled", even some with 100 batteries: At least I can comment that I see no difference lately. A year ago I would charge with a combined charging speed and state of charge of 120+ (80 kWh at 40% SOC, or 60 kwh at 60% SOC) and now, and since 2019.16 XX, it is about 110: 70kwh at 40% SOC etc.

I tell you though after supercharging to 90% last night those fans and coolant start running at anything higher than 80% and they are still going long after I leave and drive away, even in 15 degree Celsius weather (60 F). They sure didn't do that a year ago.

This might be part of the problem. Stuck on checking for updates. WiFi or notView attachment 462637

Mine shows that as well but I don’t seem to have any other issues.

Same for me too and no issues. @Grumble another option is schedule a service in the app for a software update and you may be able to add notes for a force reinstall or service usually sends a text message.

Mine is doing the same thing as well. Stuck on "checking for updates", I was going to do a 2 scroll button reboot but nothing else is wrtong with the car so i figured I would just leave it as it is.

Mine is doing the same thing as well. Stuck on "checking for updates", I was going to do a 2 scroll button reboot but nothing else is wrtong with the car so i figured I would just leave it as it is.
Does anybody's car say anything other that "checking for updates"? I think that's the norm. I.e., it's always checking for updates? That's what mine has always said.

Does anybody's car say anything other that "checking for updates"? I think that's the norm. I.e., it's always checking for updates? That's what mine has always said.
Mine still says checking for updates too. Not sure about prior.

Oddly too I could not update the car from the touch panel. I had to use the mobile app to update it. It never would execute the update from the car.