Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searching forums it appears as though I’m the lucky first. Yay.

From this site:
SOLVED: MacBook Pro 13 display problem - MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2009

That is what is known as a TAB fault (Tape Automated Bonding) and is caused by a connection failure from the TAB that connects the transparent electrode layers to the video driver board of an LCD.

(this looks like an identical error that is occurring on my screen—I still could be wrong)

That look's really annoying - lucky you. Does pressure change it in anyway?

I updated to 32.12.1 and then 32.12.2 shortly after. Only things I have noticed so far:-

Spotify with the umlaut - what is that about?
Spotify log in question now has become "do you have a 12 account"?
My Spotify still insists on loading a load of albums I don't want - this happens after a screen reboot - everytime after deleting them.
My tyre pressure warning has not reset after a repair and 20 miles - says low pressure even though tyre reading is OK. I guess this is normal and needs longer?
The car power off button says pressing brake will turn car back on - this does not work and have to open door.

That look's really annoying - lucky you. Does pressure change it in anyway?

I updated to 32.12.1 and then 32.12.2 shortly after. Only things I have noticed so far:-

Spotify with the umlaut - what is that about?
Spotify log in question now has become "do you have a 12 account"?
My Spotify still insists on loading a load of albums I don't want - this happens after a screen reboot - everytime after deleting them.
My tyre pressure warning has not reset after a repair and 20 miles - says low pressure even though tyre reading is OK. I guess this is normal and needs longer?
The car power off button says pressing brake will turn car back on - this does not work and have to open door.
The brake and car door power off issue is happening with me on 2019.28.2.5

Moderate pressure doesn’t affect it. I don’t want to put more pressure than that.
I tried a deep reboot yesterday and when the black screen with the Tesla logo appeared I could see the red line faintly so I’m fairly certain it’s not a software issue.

Damn annoying. I guess screen clean mode and it is also visible? Does that line ever go away?

All the annoying computer based annoying things are obviously emerging in our cars - battery life, screens, software malfunctions/glitches, chipset failure etc.

I guess you just have to learn to appreciate it as a dualing scar, a characteristic of distinction. Otherwise it will drive you nuts. Hope it fixes itself though.

Reactions: Droschke
Just got 2019.32.12.3 and early guess, but playing with Spotify in the garage (yes on 3G) I "think" it is quicker. Hopefully more stable in the long term. Unfortunately no change in regards to the voice to direct playing yet..... I was hoping that was a fix for this update, I am guessing it is coming...

No other changes noticed. Have not driven or supercharged yet.

Got 32.12.3 tonight and just noticed road side assistance option below the schedule service option in the app.

Attachments

• 1B471F77-4EEC-4D9D-B4A8-804530D14B93.png
    1B471F77-4EEC-4D9D-B4A8-804530D14B93.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: dark cloud
I've heard rumor there's something proprietary about what they do with their access points that identifies the various tesla models and makes the update available.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to but a long time ago, there was a feature where if you drove into a geofenced around a service center, it functioned kind of like a check-for-updates. If your car was supposed to get an update, it would download it. That got disabled around the time of 8.0 however. It was kinda fun while it lasted, I picked up some updates this way and it was like playing Pokemon Go with Tesla software updates.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Fyi, updated to 36.12.3. Max battery, launch mode etc still work (yay).

The usual still don't work (browser completely unusable now, push to talk still times out on first press)

AP seems a little quirky but it did the same with 12.2 but after 4 or 5 days, it sorted itself out.

The big issue for me is summon has become dumb. I have a 3 door garage, so the columns make it a bit tight. It's never had a problem putting the car in perfectly every time. Tonight it was like trying to get a golden retriever to take a bath. It refused to go into the garage. Also, when coming out, homelink didn't work automatically. I had to stop summon and push the homelink button before backing the car out. Summon took it out fine but it wouldn't go in. Grrrrr

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
I have updated to 36.12.3. Nothing noticed. I am just annoyed by these constant updates and the persistent nag screen - three in as many weeks - and they don't fix my annoying Spotify issues. Worse than windows updates. All these promises of making the car better and even recently extra range was quoted (obviously only raven cars) are hokem.

I can't bring myself to kill the garage wifi and for some odd reason I seem to have been brainwashed that updates are good even though I know they are of no benefit. What is wrong with me?!

• Funny
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
UPDATE for browser problem:
I scheduled service for this issue after my car decided to update itself. As the mobile tech was troubleshooting today, he got forwarded a memo from one of the engineers that ID'd the problem, and the solution is to rebuild the home/browser directory in the operating system, which can only be done with a factory reset (settings menu). I have not had a chance to do a factory reset yet, can anyone confirm if this fixes it? I'm reluctant because I don't want to re-learn all my homelink settings, among other things, so I might wait to see if a fix gets rolled into a future version now that they've officially documented the issue. While he showed me the memo to read, he said I wasn't allowed to get a photo of the memo when I asked, sorry!

I scheduled service for this issue after my car decided to update itself. As the mobile tech was troubleshooting today, he got forwarded a memo from one of the engineers that ID'd the problem, and the solution is to rebuild the home/browser directory in the operating system, which can only be done with a factory reset (settings menu). I have not had a chance to do a factory reset yet, can anyone confirm if this fixes it? I'm reluctant because I don't want to re-learn all my homelink settings, among other things, so I might wait to see if a fix gets rolled into a future version now that they've officially documented the issue. While he showed me the memo to read, he said I wasn't allowed to get a photo of the memo when I asked, sorry!

Interesting, but the ‘fix’, if proven to work, is certainly not ideal. I don’t want to reset my settings, efficiency history, etc either.

Anyone willing to test this?

Here is my recent experience.
My MCU “died” while on v9 and the SeC managed to resurrect it, but that required a factory reset along the way. Bummer but better that than a new MCU.
Right after that I got v10. Browser behaved as usual: fine and dandy on the first couple of days and then died. Blank screen. Only now reboot would do no good anymore. So I waited on the next update.
I installed the following update last Sunday night. So far so good, but I’m not holding my breath.

Interesting, but the ‘fix’, if proven to work, is certainly not ideal. I don’t want to reset my settings, efficiency history, etc either.

Anyone willing to test this?

A bit off topic but I had a recent SC visit with a technician who was sent from the Fremont factory. He told me to reset the navigation history and trip computer regularly to keep the MCU1 system running better. He was right—when I notice sluggishness I clear those items and it speeds up.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus