Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And doesn't the blue snowflake indicate your battery heater is supposed to be on?

They are always changing things, but now I think that means the battery is cold soaked below 0 degrees C. I don't recall hearing the pump going when going to the car when that picture was taken, so I don't think it was on, and once driving the battery heater still is on long after that snow flake goes away in the cluster and in the app. The battery icon in the app is the only sure way to know when it is on or not, apart from getting data from a third party app.

IMG_0577.PNG

Here it is in the app:

IMG_0575.PNG

Last edited:
They are always changing things, but now I think that means the battery is cold soaked below 0 degrees C. I don't recall hearing the pump going when going to the car when that picture was taken, so I don't think it was on, and once driving the battery heater still is on long after that snow flake goes away in the cluster and in the app. The battery icon in the app is the only sure way to know when it is on or not, apart from getting data from a third party app.

View attachment 501873

Here it is in the app:

View attachment 501862

I have never seen the snow flake symbol like this on our 2015 Tesla S 85 when charging in our garage. Maybe it dos not get below freezing in our garage in Kansas City.

I have never seen the snow flake symbol like this on our 2015 Tesla S 85 when charging in our garage. Maybe it dos not get below freezing in our garage in Kansas City.

To clarify: it got to a low of -23 C here last week. The picture of the car with the cluster showing the snowflake and -20, and the app showing the snowflake was after work when the car was outside from 7 am to 4pm. In the enclosed insulated but non-heated garage it has been a balmy -7 C but I have been charging it immediately upon getting home, instead of waiting until the middle of the night when it might have cooled down to below freezing. Just before leaving the next day at 6am I put a few more percent charge into it to get some regen.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lex
To clarify: it got to a low of -23 C here last week. The picture of the car with the cluster showing the snowflake and -20, and the app showing the snowflake was after work when the car was outside from 7 am to 4pm. In the enclosed insulated but non-heated garage it has been a balmy -7 C but I have been charging it immediately upon getting home, instead of waiting until the middle of the night when it might have cooled down to below freezing. Just before leaving the next day at 6am I put a few more percent charge into it to get some regen.

Thanks for the additional information. Where are you located?

I have an AP1 MX, the past month i noticed that when i initiated a lane change request, the pause has decreased and the lane change itself was much crisper-- not sharp but also not slow/progressive as in the earlier implementation. It was eerily similar to my own lane changes when not on AP...

Last edited:
Reactions: SmartElectric
Kamloops BC. Got an Arctic blast covering here and the middle of the upper continent. Alberta was 10 degrees colder than this; wind chills of -45C so cant complain too much. :)
Gawd strewth!!! Come to Australia, man. Those are not human temperatures!!!! Got to +27C today heading for 35 this weekend in Sydney. I guess i will never see the snowflake!! Winter is around +7 and i consider THAT to be cold!!!

Reactions: dark cloud
Are you able to reply back? I can receive but cant reply back. I have a iphone x max
Tested briefly and indeed: it looks like I can answer: car shows my reply and I can select the « send reply »... but upon doing so, reply is not sent. Not even in my phone as a draft.
Friend has MCU2 with Android phone and it works fine for him.
Is this a mcu1 bug or are there mcu1 owners that have it working? Or is it iPhone related?

Are you able to reply back? I can receive but cant reply back. I have a iphone x max

Yup, it was a little glitchy: didn't work the first 2 times, clicked another button on the touchscreen and repaired the phone, then it did several times (send and receive) and then it didn't work the last 3 times I tried with the same phone and with a different phone number. iPhone 6 for me. Voice control has always had some bad days over the years; maybe it is an eMMC issue?

i want my battery heating back..

Well see