Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news! After I jiggled the connector the car held 40 AMPS setting. Lat night I set the car to charge at midnight and it had finished charging at 4:50 AM.

Have anyone been able to charge at 50 AMPs at home?

Glad to hear it worked!

Charging at higher amps:
If your car, your home, and your wall connector all support 50 amps and above, it’s possible. But all of those conditions must be met.
From what you originally described, I think your car maxes out at 40 amps.

Ah hem. Back to AP1 firmware information:

2020.12.11.5 fixes the USB problem, if you were foolish like me and updated 2020.12.5
Don’t know anything else yet but I think I will wait a while before downloading the next one; but I’ve said that before....
7552F95D-8870-4A8C-BF5A-6E3F41A762CE.jpeg
42B3AE99-1DC7-49F8-B848-C02C56706BC3.jpeg

I was stuck with 12.5 for about 2 weeks, but I switched to advanced release and got 12.11.5 today. If your car wants to update you to 12.5 you may have to update to it and then wait for it to update again.

My car does a weird thing after an update, the instrument cluster won't shut off when the car is plugged in. It happens after every update now, even if I reboot the car. I found by accident I can get it to reset by unplugging the car overnight and then it will resume going back to sleep after charging on the next charge.

I am very happy that Tesla keeps updating and improving my car five years after it was new. Never had this level of service from any other manufacturer.
Are you serious or joking.

I have the same car as you and I feel every update since V8 has made the car worse - they've taken away nice features and made some functions more inconvenient to use.

Are you serious or joking.

I have the same car as you and I feel every update since V8 has made the car worse - they've taken away nice features and made some functions more inconvenient to use.
I realize that this thread is primarily for people to gripe about how bad Tesla is but I just wanted to say that I am very happy with my car and all of the software updates.
YMMV

This is indeed one of the thread I’m watching as an older owner, where I find and share news on my car and it’s siblings. Good and less sometimes.
I’m also very happy with my car and the latest updates.
Not saying I’m thrilled with the slower charging speed of course.

Every few days I get an alert on my app that says a SW update is available and each time it's still 12.5.:mad:

Now I know what the look for.

Suggest turn off notifications for your phone using the Tesla App. If you have Teslafi, it will show you latest update in very small, easy to ignore font.

I gave up playing update roullete months ago.

Rarely drive the car, so don't see that yellow screen either. All is well, and my MCU1 is protected as it can be...

Suggest turn off notifications for your phone using the Tesla App. If you have Teslafi, it will show you latest update in very small, easy to ignore font.

I gave up playing update roullete months ago.

Rarely drive the car, so don't see that yellow screen either. All is well, and my MCU1 is protected as it can be...
As far as MCU1 goes, I thought Tesla fixed the excessive logging which was the cause of memory failure. Don't know which version but it was a while ago. Also, if you don't update, the new software stays in your memory, contributing to the problem.