TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BerTX, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Carlog

Carlog Member

Well, as a P85D owner, so am I, now! Thanks for the info.

2. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

You could use the max power available tab in a CAN bus reader with SNT or equal software.

At moderate SoCal temps and 55% SOC I have about 340Kw available per the BMS.

No change since 2020.1

3. stakker

stakker Member

Finally got to test supercharging on my s85 on 2020.20.17. 100F today here in TX and at 14% SoC. It peaked at 128kW and hovered around 100kW a litte while. I guess we are back to fast charging like pre whatever update that was that slowed supercharging. Battery fans are back to being loud though.

• Informative x 4
  4. Subgdubb

Subgdubb Member

Interesting. How was the taper closer to the end of the charge? Better than before?

5. jpvdheijn

jpvdheijn Member

I have also noticed this same behaviour at 10% it started at 130kw on 2020.20.2. I thought it was due to my driving session on the german autobahn but it seems you also experienced the same behaviour.

• Informative x 2
  6. BigNick

BigNick Disaffected Member

No Supercharging, but I charged to 100% on 2020.20.17 and found the charge from 90% to 100% to be faster than on previous versions, though 99% to 100% still seemed to take forever. I actually stopped when TM-Spy was reporting 99.9% SoC and 242 miles of range.

My highest voltage "string" in the pack was 4.191V (#42) and my lowest was 4.172V (#19) for a 19 mV delta, which seems somewhat high.

• Informative x 2
  7. stakker

stakker Member

Yeah, I think the taper is better than before as well as it was faster getting to 80%. I went ahead and changed the charge limit to 90%.

• Like x 1
  8. Epastor01

Epastor01 Member

Anyone on 2020.24.6.11 yet? Now I’m worried about updating from 2020.20.17 in case they take our fast supercharging away again

9. dark cloud

dark cloud Active Member

yes. I don't know anything about supercharging rescinding, but I notice no changes over 2020.24.6.4. Everything is working fine.

• Like x 1
  10. immolated

immolated Member

For me the "faster" supercharging has been here since winter. I hit 130 kW in Jan 2020.

11. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

I noticed a little better speeds in the mid SOC range after 2020.1.

However, reticent to stress my aging MCU1 with an update. If any one can post a speed chart for .17 or .24, that would be good.

12. rsg123

rsg123 Member

Interesting. I went on a road trip on 20.1 and supercharging speeds were still pretty terrible. Once in a while it would hit 120kW at low SOC but only for a few seconds, then plummet. Installing 24.6.11 now.

13. Pruitt

Pruitt Pontificating the obvious

I installed 2020.24.6.11 a couple days ago. It's basically a big nothing. Supercharging still topped out about 95 kwh. MCU rebooted for no good reason at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere - it took much longer than it has in the past.
    The upside is that I haven't noticed any new bugs yet. This crop must be hidden better than they usually are!

14. krsgio

krsgio Member

Installed 2020.24.6.11 while charging that night when I first drove the car I had a charge port door sensor fault error in the IC but haven't seen it come back yet but that was only yesterday. My charge port has been weird for awhile and the ranger couldn't figure it out and they want me to leave it at the service center for them to diagnose but I don't wanna be without a car so I've been putting it off. Don't know if the two are related. Mostly my charge port doesn't illuminate when charging and takes awhile for the lock pin to retract so that I can connect a charger. They've replaced the port twice already and still same issue so apparently it's something else. Just mildly annoying.

15. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

Ok, seems like no obvious bugs onton last two release, so far.

Is the SuC speeds much faster that what I am seeing now on 2020.1?

See image below: IMG_20200611_124506811.jpg

16. Kamm145

Kamm145 New Member

My S70D (2015) just downloaded 2020.24.6.11. It has the new unlock at home feature. I think that this is a nice little addition to the features of my car. Sometimes I just want to open the car to put something in or get something out and I'd rather not always have my fob on me.
    I am trying to find an excuse to go to a supercharger to see if the rate is better than it had been. If anyone has any other comments about supercharging with the recent update, please let us know.

• Like x 2
  17. RobK

RobK Member

I am waiting very "patiently" to get the same update on our 2015 Tesla S 85, as I like the new unlock feature at home.

Did you see any change in Tunein upgrade with this update?

I wonder what logic Tesla uses to push these firmware updates to the "old" Tesla cars? Geographic, VIN # ?

18. kavyboy

kavyboy Active Member

I think a random number generator is involved, at least partially. Seriously.

19. Carlog

Carlog Member

Well, I got in my car yesterday morning, and it looks like it force updated from 2020.4.1 to 2020.20.1! :mad:

20. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

Seriously! Did they think you were on V8?

My SC did it to me as well, despite multiple notes and verbal and messages not to.

I have Tesla App notifications turned off, yet I still get nags to update to .17 on the phone.