Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got to test supercharging on my s85 on 2020.20.17. 100F today here in TX and at 14% SoC. It peaked at 128kW and hovered around 100kW a litte while. I guess we are back to fast charging like pre whatever update that was that slowed supercharging. Battery fans are back to being loud though.

Interesting. How was the taper closer to the end of the charge? Better than before?

I have also noticed this same behaviour at 10% it started at 130kw on 2020.20.2. I thought it was due to my driving session on the german autobahn but it seems you also experienced the same behaviour.

I have also posted this on the Dutch part of the forum but here a translation. My wife and I went to Germany for the weekend to visit our friends. I charged the car fully to 100% resulting in a range of 372km. When we went back up the Netherlands we had to charge on our way back. Our stop was 80km away in Moers where we drove to with 150kmh on autopilot on the autobahn. I plugged the car in with 10% Charge left and I couldn't believe the screen. The car started charging at 10% with 130kw and of course it tapered but I was impressed. We went for a coffee and were able to resume our drive. I am on 2020.20.1.

No Supercharging, but I charged to 100% on 2020.20.17 and found the charge from 90% to 100% to be faster than on previous versions, though 99% to 100% still seemed to take forever. I actually stopped when TM-Spy was reporting 99.9% SoC and 242 miles of range.

My highest voltage "string" in the pack was 4.191V (#42) and my lowest was 4.172V (#19) for a 19 mV delta, which seems somewhat high.

I installed 2020.24.6.11 a couple days ago. It's basically a big nothing. Supercharging still topped out about 95 kwh. MCU rebooted for no good reason at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere - it took much longer than it has in the past.
The upside is that I haven't noticed any new bugs yet. This crop must be hidden better than they usually are!

Installed 2020.24.6.11 while charging that night when I first drove the car I had a charge port door sensor fault error in the IC but haven't seen it come back yet but that was only yesterday. My charge port has been weird for awhile and the ranger couldn't figure it out and they want me to leave it at the service center for them to diagnose but I don't wanna be without a car so I've been putting it off. Don't know if the two are related. Mostly my charge port doesn't illuminate when charging and takes awhile for the lock pin to retract so that I can connect a charger. They've replaced the port twice already and still same issue so apparently it's something else. Just mildly annoying.

Ok, seems like no obvious bugs onton last two release, so far.

Is the SuC speeds much faster that what I am seeing now on 2020.1?

See image below:
IMG_20200611_124506811.jpg

My S70D (2015) just downloaded 2020.24.6.11. It has the new unlock at home feature. I think that this is a nice little addition to the features of my car. Sometimes I just want to open the car to put something in or get something out and I'd rather not always have my fob on me.
I am trying to find an excuse to go to a supercharger to see if the rate is better than it had been. If anyone has any other comments about supercharging with the recent update, please let us know.

My S70D (2015) just downloaded 2020.24.6.11. It has the new unlock at home feature. I think that this is a nice little addition to the features of my car. Sometimes I just want to open the car to put something in or get something out and I'd rather not always have my fob on me.
I am trying to find an excuse to go to a supercharger to see if the rate is better than it had been. If anyone has any other comments about supercharging with the recent update, please let us know.

I am waiting very "patiently" to get the same update on our 2015 Tesla S 85, as I like the new unlock feature at home.

Did you see any change in Tunein upgrade with this update?

I wonder what logic Tesla uses to push these firmware updates to the "old" Tesla cars? Geographic, VIN # ?