Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated yesterday. What am I missing on the suspension? it looks like they literally just changed it from buttons to a slider? is that the sum total of this update, window and door open notification and a unnecessary UI change?
Man, if they changed it so that you had to tell it to remember suspension settings at a location if you want it remembered like the side mirrors rather than tell it to forget EVERY single time it would be amazing. The requirement to hurry up and click the "x" every time you change the ride height is annoying. The newer side mirror implementation where you only tell it when you want it specifically is SO much better and anxiety-free.

Man, if they changed it so that you had to tell it to remember suspension settings at a location if you want it remembered like the side mirrors rather than tell it to forget EVERY single time it would be amazing. The requirement to hurry up and click the "x" every time you change the ride height is annoying. The newer side mirror implementation where you only tell it when you want it specifically is SO much better and anxiety-free.

What, you don't want your car's memory filling up with useless Geolocation data of where to raise the suspension? :rolleyes: /s

I agree, it would be much more beneficial to have it not remember by default. I found myself telling it to "forget this location" about 2 dozen times this past weekend when I went on a trip to the mountains.

What, you don't want your car's memory filling up with useless Geolocation data of where to raise the suspension? :rolleyes: /s

I agree, it would be much more beneficial to have it not remember by default. I found myself telling it to "forget this location" about 2 dozen times this past weekend when I went on a trip to the mountains.

Ha! I wanted it to default "off" before all of this eMMC crap even started unfolding but you're right, now I've got even more reason to have it default off like the side mirrors. It's not very accurate so when I first got a Tesla I thought "well, that's neat-o" and bragged about having it to all the peasants I knew. Then when I saw how bad it works I found myself regularly needing to change height at places like the car wash but doing so on-the-fly and having anxiety over trying to do 4 things at once. I feel as though this is the opposite idea of what Tesla had in mind since it's basically creating an unsafe situation EVERY TIME I NEED TO RAISE MY SUSPENSION. Fix this Tesla.

I like the current behaviour. It is much safer, as I usually use it while driving, so having to do one more action (confirm to remember) would be more unsafe.

However, I agree that we miss a view of all places "saved" to be able to cleanup.

It's safer since you're already in the menu to simply press that button to "save" which doesn't time out (important difference) just like the side mirrors. When you fold them via the option on the main screen it gives you the option to remember that which stays there.. no rush to do it before it times out and permanently remembers the location w/o any ability to easily remove this.

The counter to this is that you have not one but TWO times where you have to do something on a timer under stress/anxiety and you have to do it every time. The first has been explained already above and it's annoying/dangerous enough by itself. The second is if you don't get to this "don't remember" in the few second window it appears every single time (which is easy to miss given enough opportunities) it will store this. Nothing you can do once you get a second to go back and delete that one location either. The next time you go to this location (or somewhere in the vicinity since the cars are truly terrible at remembering exactly where it was) the car will start to raise the suspension w/o you doing anything. You then have to (on a clock mind you... likely while driving and navigating whatever it is you were trying to avoid in the first place) #1 notice the car is raising (sometimes you get a brief and tiny indicator on the secondary screen at the top) #2 click the "menu" button on the screen and then #3 click to get to the suspension screen specifically and then carefully execute a VERY small (compared to all other options) button press all in a specified amount of time... while you're driving... every single time.

You literally have to touch the lower left corner of screen, the upper left corner of the screen and then a tiny little "x" in the far upper right corner of the screen all within a few seconds before it disappears while you're driving. This is far more dangerous then simply pressing the "remember" one-time just like the side mirror behavior. This was a FAR better implementation and Tesla needs to have the suspension emulate this as it's safer all of the way around.

I understand that for a very small percentage of owners out there this will be a change to what they prefer or what they're used to regardless of how much safer it would be overall to the community as a whole. For the majority though, they would understand that this was a good idea and poor implementation 8 years ago that needs to be corrected to match the newer auto-mirror behavior that was implemented... very wisely I might add. You don't want that feature? Great. You never need to worry about it. Ever. You want to activate that feature? Great. You simply press one button once right next to the button you pressed to activate it and it never times out. Solved.

It's safer since you're already in the menu to simply press that button to "save" which doesn't time out (important difference) just like the side mirrors. When you fold them via the option on the main screen it gives you the option to remember that which stays there.. no rush to do it before it times out and permanently remembers the location w/o any ability to easily remove this.

The counter to this is that you have not one but TWO times where you have to do something on a timer under stress/anxiety and you have to do it every time. The first has been explained already above and it's annoying/dangerous enough by itself. The second is if you don't get to this "don't remember" in the few second window it appears every single time (which is easy to miss given enough opportunities) it will store this. Nothing you can do once you get a second to go back and delete that one location either. The next time you go to this location (or somewhere in the vicinity since the cars are truly terrible at remembering exactly where it was) the car will start to raise the suspension w/o you doing anything. You then have to (on a clock mind you... likely while driving and navigating whatever it is you were trying to avoid in the first place) #1 notice the car is raising (sometimes you get a brief and tiny indicator on the secondary screen at the top) #2 click the "menu" button on the screen and then #3 click to get to the suspension screen specifically and then carefully execute a VERY small (compared to all other options) button press all in a specified amount of time... while you're driving... every single time.

You literally have to touch the lower left corner of screen, the upper left corner of the screen and then a tiny little "x" in the far upper right corner of the screen all within a few seconds before it disappears while you're driving. This is far more dangerous then simply pressing the "remember" one-time just like the side mirror behavior. This was a FAR better implementation and Tesla needs to have the suspension emulate this as it's safer all of the way around.

I understand that for a very small percentage of owners out there this will be a change to what they prefer or what they're used to regardless of how much safer it would be overall to the community as a whole. For the majority though, they would understand that this was a good idea and poor implementation 8 years ago that needs to be corrected to match the newer auto-mirror behavior that was implemented... very wisely I might add. You don't want that feature? Great. You never need to worry about it. Ever. You want to activate that feature? Great. You simply press one button once right next to the button you pressed to activate it and it never times out. Solved.

Has anyone tried a voice command to cancel suspension auto raise?

I really hope that will be fixed with a reboot. If not, I don't know what to think. Tesla trying to crutch the old emmcs along until they are out of warranty?
False alarm! I always use satellite maps. The nav defaulted to normal maps, and there was no way get the legend (satellite, traffic, chargers). Backed off (e.g., closed the media window) and the satellite maps, traffic and charging icons came back.

The the Media window came back and the map legend behaved as it should. Satellite maps work again.

False alarm! I always use satellite maps. The nav defaulted to normal maps, and there was no way get the legend (satellite, traffic, chargers). Backed off (e.g., closed the media window) and the satellite maps, traffic and charging icons came back.

The the Media window came back and the map legend behaved as it should. Satellite maps work again.
Don't scare us like that!!!

Reactions: aerodyne
I downloaded firmware 2020.32.3 on our 2015 Tesla S 85 yesterday. Today I intentionally left the windows down for half and hour but received no message. I wonder if this has anything to do with setting the option not to lock the door in our home garage?

There is an option to ignore messages while at home, could that been enabled?

I got my window notification again when I got to work today, window is up. I also left sunroof on vent intentionally yesterday, and received notification for that as well.

No, I left that box unchecked.

I intentionally left a window ajar at a grocery store and my wife got a notification on her iPhone Pro but I did not get it on my iPhone Pro.

Reading some blogs it seems that this is a common problem with notifications not going to al the devices (in our case 4), all the time. The common recommendation is to remove the Tesla APP and then reinstall it. I have done that.

I still do not get notification about window being open when the car in the garage (and the box is unchecked).

Has anyone got a notification about windows being open when the car is in it's "home" base?

My car had what I think is an odd reaction to the installation of 2020.32.3 -- the car's name was erased! When we got into the car for a ride after the new update was installed, a box popped up to prompt me to name the car. I closed it and confirmed that indeed the car no longer had the name it had since new five years ago. That name had even survived the eMMC repair at the Tesla service center! (Not much else in the car's settings was saved through that process, except for audio channels.) Very curious.
Anyone else experience a loss of name?