Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the whole fleet is being converted to 2020.48.12.1. Any ill effects noticed so far? I suppose no news is good news. :)

I don't think I've gone anywhere since the last update. I haven't had any reason to go anywhere. My partner wanted me to get everything for Christmas from the supermarket a week ago so we wouldn't be exposed to the virus in the last minute crush. We did all our Christmas shopping online and I work from home.

Though I am headed out shortly to go to our storage locker where my parents' stuff is stored (we're in the process of cataloging the estate). Just before starting this reply I started warming up the car from the app and it switched to full AC from heating for no reason. I switched it back and it appears to still be heating. Haven't seen that before.

With the last firmware when I warmed up the car while it was plugged in from the app it drained about 6 miles of range off the battery. Hopefully they fixed that.

Just got 2020.48.12.1. Seems like its rolling out fleet wide.

I noticed that going from 2020.40.9.2 to 2020.48.12.1 the notifications from the Red/Yellow exclamation mark at the top center(like the warning you get when you try to drive with the charger plugged in) now how up in a kinda side popup window instead of a full screen center windows.

I haven't driven or charged with 2020.48.12.1 yet though.

98D24CF6-5D89-485E-AE89-6C2F1BBE4DE7.jpeg
Oh really

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
All I want for Christmas...is a new eMMC chip...that I ordered in October...

We 'follow' each other around on these forums :p and I hate to remind you that I got my Tegra daughter board replaced (eMMC chip) and I continue to have the same issues (corrupted graphics, random freezes, phone not connecting via Bluetooth) that I had before the replacement. Don't hold your breathe that the eMMC chip is the silver bullet to fix most the issues..... but then again maybe you were joking :D

This is not new, I have seen this release note before from others, but what is odd is I never got the Spotify or media search previous notes from 2020.36.11 or 2020.40.9.2 while others had, so it is the first time I’ve seen it.

Same, I thought it was weird almost as though Tesla acted like we all got 2020.48.10 or something. I was coming from the 'advanced mode' 40.9.2 myself and was like huh?! :confused:

We 'follow' each other around on these forums :p and I hate to remind you that I got my Tegra daughter board replaced (eMMC chip) and I continue to have the same issues (corrupted graphics, random freezes, phone not connecting via Bluetooth) that I had before the replacement. Don't hold your breathe that the eMMC chip is the silver bullet to fix most the issues..... but then again maybe you were joking :D

I was hoping your situation was an outlier, now you got me wondering. What if all the software patches screwed up the functionality of a new chip?

My holiday spirit just took a dive...

I was hoping your situation was an outlier, now you got me wondering. What if all the software patches screwed up the functionality of a new chip?

My holiday spirit just took a dive...

Sorry :oops:

I bet I am just an outlier since I haven't seen any other reports of people having issues after their eMMC replacement. I have a followup appointment at the beginning of next year for them to run some more diags. Honestly I hope at this point they will cut me some discount on MCU2 upgrade and I can just get this whole thing behind me.

Happy Holidays! :D