Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it's present after the update, but oddly enough not listed in the release notes
Hey,
Can you (also) confirm/check that the lane change can NOT be triggered by the single tap, like it is in M3 and AP2.x cars.
It seems to be true and was the only real convenience feature improvement I was looking for imho in those last updates. Just so I can RIP. Thanks

Hey,
Can you (also) confirm/check that the lane change can NOT be triggered by the single tap, like it is in M3 and AP2.x cars.
It seems to be true and was the only real convenience feature improvement I was looking for imho in those last updates. Just so I can RIP. Thanks
So you are saying instead of fully putting the stock down for a lane change and turning it off manually, there was/may still be a way to gently tap it down and still initiate a lane change for AP1? I leave work at 5 eastern time I will check on what may be one of the sweetest features I never knew I had....

So you are saying instead of fully putting the stock down for a lane change and turning it off manually, there was/may still be a way to gently tap it down and still initiate a lane change for AP1? I leave work at 5 eastern time I will check on what may be one of the sweetest features I never knew I had....

You can gently hold down (or up) the stalk to initiate a lane change (i.e. don't let it get into the detent where it stays in that position)...release the stalk when your car is more than halfway over the striped line and the car will finish the lane change on its own. As far as I can remember it's always worked this way.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7
You can gently hold down (or up) the stalk to initiate a lane change (i.e. don't let it get into the detent where it stays in that position)...release the stalk when your car is more than halfway over the striped line and the car will finish the lane change on its own. As far as I can remember it's always worked this way.

Bruce.
Yes indeed it has been so for ages.
And like pulling up to the dent, it is nice but not convenient.

M3 and 2.x can now do the brief tap, which triggers the three blinks, and that triggers the lane change. Once completed, the blinks stops. Really nicer.

Thanks!

Reactions: fasteddie7
2019.12.1 for a few days. No change in autopilot for AP1. Release notes:
View attachment 401966 View attachment 401969

2019.12.11 just installed in AP1 P85D.

Same as fasteddie7 is reporting.

Haven't checked to see if Launch mode and Max Battery, as part of Insane +, are fixed as it is now snowing outside and I have the PSS 21" back on (yes potentially too early).

Okay, I'm not sure I understand, or that we are all talking about the same thing here.

So on an AP2+ car, we are saying you can initiate a lane change by a single short tap in the direction of the lane change (not turn on the turn signal, but just a tap) and the car changes lanes.

That is what your AP1 car is now doing on 2019.12.1? It is confusing because you said your AP1 car "still" does it, when it actually did not before...

Reactions: dark cloud
Okay, I'm not sure I understand, or that we are all talking about the same thing here.

So on an AP2+ car, we are saying you can initiate a lane change by a single short tap in the direction of the lane change (not turn on the turn signal, but just a tap) and the car changes lanes.

That is what your AP1 car is now doing on 2019.12.1? It is confusing because you said your AP1 car "still" does it, when it actually did not before...
Post #84 #85# 86 all describe the single tap. I didn’t know I had it until now.

Hi everyone!
I just took my AP1 2015 MS85D to the service center to have the latest update pushed to my car. But they told me that they wouldn’t be able to do that because I was already on the latest update for my MS which is weird because other AP1 cars have the latest update.
I’m on 2018.50.6