Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the latest update (2019.24.4) I have now noticed that my AP1 vehicle will not “undertake” a car in the other lane.
That is it won’t pass a vehicle on the left hand side if it is travelling slower in the middle lane.
It will still pass it on the right side, this is correct as in the UK passing on the left is not allowed in most cases.

On the display now both the vehicle in your lane, and the vehicle in the lane to the right stay white and are actively tracked.

This can be overridden by tapping accelerator, the car will then ignore the slowing moving vehicle and undertake.
Nice feature - if not only for the UK market :)

On the latest update (2019.24.4) I have now noticed that my AP1 vehicle will not “undertake” a car in the other lane.
That is it won’t pass a vehicle on the left hand side if it is travelling slower in the middle lane.
It will still pass it on the right side, this is correct as in the UK passing on the left is not allowed in most cases.

On the display now both the vehicle in your lane, and the vehicle in the lane to the right stay white and are actively tracked.

This can be overridden by tapping accelerator, the car will then ignore the slowing moving vehicle and undertake.
Nice feature - if not only for the UK market :)
FYI, that features was implemented a few years back already in AP1, and “lost” last year. I’m also glad they noticed and reinstated it as it is indeed also prohibited to overtake on the right side, in Belgium.

Good to know, here a pic in action
685BBBE3-63FC-4EC9-BDA8-8E4DB9A8747C.jpeg

28.2 here. drove 100 miles today and I know everyone says they haven’t updated AP1 codebase in a year, but something changed. It was so much better. I have had crests of hills that AP1 failed for years with handle them twice with no issue. Camera must be implemented in a different way as now the lines get shorter when creating and get longer on straight stretches. Also I see horizontal lines when crossing roads. Gonna break out the camera tomorrow and capture it. Also summon now exits my garage instead of stopping at the slope.

My S85D is running 2019.24.4, has been for a couple weeks or so. I've noticed over the last few updates that when using TACC+autosteer (I rarely use TACC alone) it feels like the car is less likely to slam on the brakes when somebody merges in front of me in moderately heavy traffic. Before (earlier this year?) it used to try really hard to preserve the following distance behind the now-closer car, whereas now it applies a bit of hysteresis and is more gradual in how it tries to re-establish the correct following distance. Makes life much more pleasant for whomever is following me.

So like @fasteddie7 wrote above, there seem to be some minor improvements. I wonder if the algorithms that control the behavior of the car that can continue to improve, maybe even in common with the newer AP cars, even if there are no more changes in the Mobileye image recognition code? I have no idea if the software architecture even permits this...I am totally guessing on this.

Bruce.

After the update to 2019.24.4 my car won't go to sleep on it's own. After it's done charging I have to go out there any turn the car off from the support menu. Otherwise it loses 4-5 miles a day parked in the garage. I contacted Tesla service about it today and got a text back that they think it's a firmware bug.

• Informative
Reactions: NoirMS
I have seen quite a bit of improvement in my hardware 1 car lately. Yesterday I was in a construction zone where the lines were so confusing that I couldn’t be sure which lines to follow. The car followed the right path when I couldn’t.
Yup! I took a bunch of video today at some pretty cool stuff. Not only hills, but two successful right turns on to another road and another one that made it all the way but overshot it a hair.

Ah. I'll look for that.

Do you by chance have the energy savings stuff off?

I've always left everything set to maximize energy savings except Range Mode. But I can't find any of those controls except Range Mode, Creep or No Creep, and normal or soft Regen Braking. There was a setting that turned off allowing the car to go to sleep after a while. I remember an app I tried turned that off and vampire drain became bad, but that was 3 years ago. I long since removed the app from my phone and switched back to normal sleep mode.

Got 2019.28.3.1

It seems a number of cars downloaded this over LTE, so it was pushed out hard. Mine is in the shop so I don't have anything to report. Y'all seen anything fun and new with it?

Same release notes as the last update (edit: see post #365), I see or feel nothing new so far, and didn't really have any bug to squash, so I was wondering the same thing; why the big push with this one if there is no apparent change? A solid base for the next update?

Or more likely probably some new battery charging, or voltage calibration changes, or revised data extraction for the ongoing officially unreported mysterious issues.

I can confirm the headlights still flash upon exiting the arcade.

After 24.4 my TACC and Autopilot don’t work at all. Symbols are still there but nothing happens when pushing the stalk down. This is the second major software failure this year. Last winter the GPS/nav broke after an update and had us parked permanently out in the country. Sigh

After 24.4 my TACC and Autopilot don’t work at all. Symbols are still there but nothing happens when pushing the stalk down. This is the second major software failure this year. Last winter the GPS/nav broke after an update and had us parked permanently out in the country. Sigh
did you try scroll wheel reboot and/or shutdown reboot?