Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have their car freak out near motorcycles? One just passed me in the lane to the left of me and the sensors indicated red on the IC. However the motorcycle was in the left 1/3 of the lane the entire time. It caused AP to hug the right side of my lane.
This type of issue has happened several times before.
Whilst waiting to join fast moving traffic in my Jaguar x type, I have had motorbikes setting off the front parking sensors. I wonder if their loud exhausts confuse the Tesla ultrasonic sensors too.

I updated my car before I left for vacation and didn't get a chance to take it for a drive before I left. It's a complete mess. Garbled fonts, AP won't change lanes at all. Not a single car on the road, 3 lane highway in the middle lane, won't change left or right. Have rebooted multiple times (both screens). I'll try to take it out more tomorrow. Sometimes I've found that it takes a while for *sugar* to get sorted out after an update, so I'll try to stay positive, but I'm hoping 32.2.2 fixes these issues.

I think it's something about the sounds the motorcycle makes freaking out the ultrasonic senors on the car. I've seen it happen too.

Whilst waiting to join fast moving traffic in my Jaguar x type, I have had motorbikes setting off the front parking sensors. I wonder if their loud exhausts confuse the Tesla ultrasonic sensors too.

This seems to make sense. On AP it makes you seem like a driver that panics because a motorcycle is close. Similar behavior is probably exhibited on newer AP versions since all use ultrasonic sensors.

Im still on 28.2.5.... anyone else stuck on this update (2014 MS85)

I went a few months with no update, as I was out of country. Just updated yesterday, and went thought 5 updates, according to how many times the MCU went blank.

I am now on 2019.28.2.5. Apart from Chess, the only thing I have seen with updates since the spring is reduced SC charging speed.

With a warm batt, and mild temps, only saw 48 Kw at 50% SOC, and 36 Kw at 70%.

I think there are no further updates in the queue for my car.

Perhaps older MS will not get any further updates that do anything useful.

I can't drive with the fob in my pocket. It won't detect the key there more often than it will.

I have this too (I've renewed the battery). My wife's fob is fine, buried in the bottom of her handbag nowhere near the detector. Often have to take it out of my pocket to get the door handles to "present"

I'm on 2019.32.2.1, pretty sure this has been the case for a couple of recent updates:

On Highway (70 MPH here) if there is a temporary speed limit (road works) that shows up on the dashboard, but long-pull on TACC stalk does NOT select that max speed. Definitely used to.

If I am not on highway, and come into a slower speed limit, then long-pull does change the speed limit. Not sure about temporary speed limit (on non-highway road), I'll look out for one.

I went a few months with no update, as I was out of country. Just updated yesterday, and went thought 5 updates, according to how many times the MCU went blank.

I am now on 2019.28.2.5. Apart from Chess, the only thing I have seen with updates since the spring is reduced SC charging speed.

With a warm batt, and mild temps, only saw 48 Kw at 50% SOC, and 36 Kw at 70%.

I think there are no further updates in the queue for my car.

Perhaps older MS will not get any further updates that do anything useful.

Yep little slower at supercharger and gradual reduction in mileage. I went from 233 at 90% to 229.

Last edited:
Just got the yellow update icon in the middle of rush hour traffic. Will report back later.

Attachments

• 8F8BB5BB-D8CF-4D3D-A706-4E433094BA56.jpeg
    8F8BB5BB-D8CF-4D3D-A706-4E433094BA56.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 63