Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok looks like they're continuing to look into the MCU 1 issues. Please, need more people to visit www.tesla.com/support and report the problem so they have more data.

View attachment 471881
We have been having issues with ours for over 4 months. I have tried re-booting Both screens while holding the brake pedal and yes, I have taken the car in and I have called and spoke with Tesla Support.
The answers I was given were,
'Please wait for the next firmware'
'We will look to it and check the logs & we will be in touch'
If there is one thing that's constant, is the fact without a browser, there will be No release notes or a owner's manual
I've given up asking anyone what is in the recent release notes because the stock answer is to "re-boot" the screens,,
uhh No, it doesn't help.
I will say, the firmware we have now, v10.0 (32.12.7 58f3b76, doesn't show the font artifacts but has brought back the static and popping noises in the radio speakers.
Another poster said they have time of departure charging? I do not have that,
Android 10/18/19 - v3.10.1 (b68d98448)
I do have some media additions which the grandkids enjoy, but nothing meaningful for me:(

v10.0 (32.12.7 58f3b76) 09 Nov 2019, 33,702 Miles - WiFi, In Car,
Added Maps NA-2019-20-10487
NOTE!! No Release Notes, No owners manual, No browser

v10.0 (32.12.2 58f3b76) 17 Oct 2019, 33,400 Miles - WiFi, In Car,

v10.0 (32.11.1 d39e85a) 02 Oct 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,
NOTE!! No Release Notes, No browser

v9.0 (32.2.2 da05838) 17 Sept 2019, 32,786 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,

v9.0 (28.3.1 f9e95acd) 26 Aug 2019, 32,661 Miles - WiFi, In Car App,

Sept 2016 MCU 1 checking in
Positive update for me after installing 32.12.7:

Initially, browser was still broken (white screen). I did the scroll wheel reset while driving, and it started working again, going on 48 hours now through two commutes. Actually works slightly better than before, qtesla waze refreshed itself and resumed updating on its own when I got in my car (in v8, it would need me to manually refresh and hit "accept" location tracking every morning which was annoying). Cautiously optimistic but will wait and see how it holds up.

Owners manual works, and Release note screen worked after leaving it open for about 20 seconds with a good LTE connection. But it only listed 10.0 notes (spotify , feeling hungry, etc.) and not any of the newer features (if I even have them). Don't think I have scheduled departure.

edit: it appears I'm still behind version 36.2.1 that others have reported

Last edited:
Positive update for me after installing 32.12.7:

Initially, browser was still broken (white screen). I did the scroll wheel reset while driving, and it started working again, going on 48 hours now through two commutes. Actually works slightly better than before, qtesla waze refreshed itself and resumed updating on its own when I got in my car (in v8, it would need me to manually refresh and hit "accept" location tracking every morning which was annoying). Cautiously optimistic but will wait and see how it holds up.

Owners manual works, and Release note screen worked after leaving it open for about 20 seconds with a good LTE connection. But it only listed 10.0 notes (spotify , feeling hungry, etc.) and not any of the newer features (if I even have them). Don't think I have scheduled departure.
Great!
After reading this, I went out and did another re-fresh. Still no browser or the release notes. Keeping in mind the wifi thing, I went through those settings, NaDa, I drove the car out from under the router (on the ceiling) and let it hook up to the home router, NaDa
Then I moved down the drive and let it hook up to LTE, nope.
I was also re-booting at all these points.
All that was different, when I use the several re-boots, was the car re-establishing the radio feed

Great!
After reading this, I went out and did another re-fresh. Still no browser or the release notes. Keeping in mind the wifi thing, I went through those settings, NaDa, I drove the car out from under the router (on the ceiling) and let it hook up to the home router, NaDa
Then I moved down the drive and let it hook up to LTE, nope.
I was also re-booting at all these points.
All that was different, when I use the several re-boots, was the car re-establishing the radio feed

Hmm. I'll also note that on a service visit a month ago, the tech had my nav history and trip mileage counters cleared in an attempt to fix it. Maybe a combination of that followed by the 32.12.7 update helped me? Or maybe not and mine will stop working again soon.

A first for me today: I was driving into a left turn lane which has a 8-10” high concrete curb on the median. I moved into the lane fairly quickly. The car made two uncharacteristically quiet beeps and I felt a tug on the steering wheel to try to move the car right. The IC showed the distance in red. I didn’t feel like I was going to hit the curb but it was pretty cool.
Also, the predictive navigation is very useful. It takes address info from your calendar events.

That happened to me once when the car thought a truck on my left on the freeway was going to sideswipe me. Autopilot was not on at the time. The car tried to abruptly steer to the right to put distance between us and the truck. And I saw the same red on the IC and the strange beeps.
Pretty cool to find out the car is looking out for us!

Reactions: rsg123
A first for me today: I was driving into a left turn lane which has a 8-10” high concrete curb on the median. I moved into the lane fairly quickly. The car made two uncharacteristically quiet beeps and I felt a tug on the steering wheel to try to move the car right. The IC showed the distance in red. I didn’t feel like I was going to hit the curb but it was pretty cool.
Also, the predictive navigation is very useful. It takes address info from your calendar events.

That happened to me once when the car thought a truck on my left on the freeway was going to sideswipe me. Autopilot was not on at the time. The car tried to abruptly steer to the right to put distance between us and the truck. And I saw the same red on the IC and the strange beeps.
Pretty cool to find out the car is looking out for us!

I get this every morning Monday to Friday. There is a large curb in the centre of the highway which juts out then thins for the left turn lane. I would hope the car would learn the characteristics of this particular left turn, but two years later, no. It becomes annoying actually how in order to not have the car attempt to turn away from my intended direction I need to give at least 2 feet of space to the curb. "Look car, I know what I am doing, stop nudging me!"

Back on topic... 32.12.7 saw some people talking about the follow distance in rain but I feel like even my normal following distance has gotten larger than it was in previous versions even when set to follow 1 its rather big gap.
Took a trip this week and was trying to figure out follow distance changes. Looks like it’s much more exaggerated based on speed now. Going really slow there’s almost no distance, going 80 it is keeping more distance than before.

Also I noticed it is tracking in lane much more with the car in front. If they are in the right or left of the lane my car was following that tracking rather than just staying in the middle when no car was in front of me.

AP 1 does not have a learning ability.

Yeah, I stand corrected. Reprogrammed then.

I did notice one difference I have not seen before; not sure if it is with 2019.32.12.7, or the update before, (and I am not even sure I actually have XXX.7 yet, as I explained here )

but today in the dark with hard rain falling this was the first time the car displayed the grey autopilot icon stating I could engage it, yet neither line was visible (shown as blue) in the cluster. I thought what the heck; let's give it a go, and it did pretty good considering it was difficult for me to see the lines with my own eyes. I am pretty sure previously the AP icon would show grey only if the painted lines were registered by the camera and showed blue in the cluster. It would stay on autopilot if the lines disappeared, but I believe I could never engage it until the lines were blue.

A few short drives on 2019.32.12.8, here is what I found. Note that I rebooted both MCU and IC immediately after install, and was able to bring up notes, manual and browser at that time.

Today could not get Dumb Summon to work in the garage. Browser would not load, nor notes, or manual. Went for a drive, and Dumb Summon worked with key fob in a parking lot with one LTE bar. However, could not get Summon to work with the Phone (Android) App, something I have not done before. Error message on phone app, "Could not connect with car"

Rebooted MCU and browser, notes, and manual loaded fine.

Got back home, and summon worked with fob. However, browser, notes, and manual required another reboot to load.

Tommorow, we will do a trip, and run Tess down to 27-30%, then charge via 150 Kw SuC, and find if the SuC rate has been nerfed. Before, I was able to get initial rate of 80 Kw.