Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know after a week of running Waze for Tesla if it still works...

Sure will

... and if not does turning off Traffic in navigation, opening Sketchpad then scribbling something and closing it, then re-opening the web browser bring the browser / Waze for Tesla back to life. This works most of the time for me on 2019.32.2.1 (v9)

This used to work sometimes, but not for me when it last broke.

Anyway, will try the usual "SOP" to try to revive it and report

Reactions: BrokerDon
Are we all expecting the slow supercharger speeds to be permanent for our older cars? I haven’t taken a long trip after the crippling updates but I’m not looking forward to it. At 10% SOC I am reaching 73kW peak, then it quickly drops to low 60s. Before it would stay in the 110s for a significant amount of time. Right now it’s fine because I only occasionally supercharge when it’s convenient (already spending time at the mall etc)

Are we all expecting the slow supercharger speeds to be permanent for our older cars? I haven’t taken a long trip after the crippling updates but I’m not looking forward to it. At 10% SOC I am reaching 73kW peak, then it quickly drops to low 60s. Before it would stay in the 110s for a significant amount of time. Right now it’s fine because I only occasionally supercharge when it’s convenient (already spending time at the mall etc)
Honestly I think the charging curve on our 85’s is pretty similar to the 90’s and 100’s from what I’ve been reading, which is 60kw around 50% tapering to 40kw around 70%. With a low SOC I think it’s a crapshoot whether I hit above 100kw but I still do sometimes on my 85 battery.

... and
  1. Will the web browser run Waze for Tesla ?
  2. Does swapping between 21" summer and 19" winter tires / wheels require a trip to a Tesla Service Center ?

I am running 2019.32.12.7 on my 2015 S85 AP1 car, I have two complete sets of 19" wheels / tires. I just took off the 19" all seasons and put on the 19" winter tires in my garage. This proved odd because it asked me to change tire configurations in the menu, but the correct option was still the 19" OEM wheels, same as before. I did not change anything settings wise and just drove. After a short time driving, the car adjusted to the different TPMS sensors and all tire related warnings went away. No service center or mobile service visit required.

I had to visit the service center when I first purchased the winter tires last year because they apparently had TPMS sensors for a different vintage Model S (they were used wheels / tires purchased from another Tesla owner). Service center had to install a new set of TPMS sensors. Since that initial visit last year, I have been able to swap tires on my own twice now, without any input from Tesla service.

Honestly I think the charging curve on our 85’s is pretty similar to the 90’s and 100’s from what I’ve been reading, which is 60kw around 50% tapering to 40kw around 70%. With a low SOC I think it’s a crapshoot whether I hit above 100kw but I still do sometimes on my 85 battery.

Yup; bang on with mine. The total SOC + charge rate =110 (If battery is warm)

If the battery is colder; short trip to the supercharger then I am lucky if it starts with a total of 80 factor. As it charges it increases until it gets to 110; that is by the time it is 80% SOC I am getting 30 kW.

Oh well, what would it cost to put a 40 kW wall connector, which would need a 170 amp charger in your garage?

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Back on the Browser adventure.
It's only been one day since 40.2, but browser behaves differently, by my book, when failing. But for the better :)

I "stressed" it with Tesla Waze this morning.
Left from home with browser closed, then opening it 15' later. As I closed it last night on Tesla Waze, it is again Tesla Waze loading.
It took a few second where the map was like frozen on my home location but then started refreshing, and asking to use location.
It was almost finished when I entered a weak LTE area, and it stopped loading. When I was back in a well covered area, it would not resume. :(
For the fun, I touched the "refresh" button. I say for the fun, because for me, that button never worked as it does on normal browser and was actually never any help to refresh a page. To my surprise, it soon prompted for location access again and I saw in the URL bar that it was loading... until it finished but the display had not changed a pixel. So I chose in my favourites another site.
Same surprise: bar shows progress of site loading, but when done, the page actually is still not displaying the chosen site: still the partially loaded Tesla Waze page.

Ok, then back to an old trick: type whatever in the URL bar to trigger a Google search -> Bingo: site loads and Google appears with search result.
Then back to Tesla Waze: loads ok.

Still not great, but there is difference in behaviour. So it feels like Tesla is working on it. A little.

Bottom line: day 1 passed, browser still working without reboot.

Reactions: BrokerDon
Back on the Browser adventure.
It's only been one day since 40.2, but browser behaves differently, by my book, when failing. But for the better :)

I "stressed" it with Tesla Waze this morning.
Left from home with browser closed, then opening it 15' later. As I closed it last night on Tesla Waze, it is again Tesla Waze loading.
It took a few second where the map was like frozen on my home location but then started refreshing, and asking to use location.
It was almost finished when I entered a weak LTE area, and it stopped loading. When I was back in a well covered area, it would not resume. :(
For the fun, I touched the "refresh" button. I say for the fun, because for me, that button never worked as it does on normal browser and was actually never any help to refresh a page. To my surprise, it soon prompted for location access again and I saw in the URL bar that it was loading... until it finished but the display had not changed a pixel. So I chose in my favorites another site.
Same surprise: bar shows progress of site loading, but when done, the page actually is still not displaying the chosen site: still the partially loaded Tesla Waze page.

Ok, then back to an old trick: type whatever in the URL bar to trigger a Google search -> Bingo: site loads and Google appears with search result.
Then back to Tesla Waze: loads ok.

Still not great, but there is difference in behavior. So it feels like Tesla is working on it. A little.

Bottom line: day 1 passed, browser still working without reboot.

Thanks for the detailed Tesla Waze feedback! Sounds like it might actually be usable in v10.

Now if Tesla can restore the Split Screen so I can have Navigation on top and Tesla Waze on the bottom...

Thanks for the detailed Tesla Waze feedback! Sounds like it might actually be usable in v10.

Now if Tesla can restore the Split Screen so I can have Navigation on top and Tesla Waze on the bottom...

I personally stopped using it already with v9. I liked to have it on the bottom half, with nav on the upper half (v7, v8).
But at some point, and I believe that happened in the v9 timeframe, when driving more than about 30’, it would always freeze and required a reboot to restart.
One might blame mcu1 and the browser. One might think that it went south when tesla Waze was improved to refresh ever 3s instead of every minute, thanks to tesla allowing gps position refresh in the browser more frequently iirc.

Instead I have it as a favorite on my mobile and have a quick check before driving and on the road, while AP is on of course :D

Since v10, maybe it is more stable and can keep on working longer than 30’, I don’t know. Because the browser takes all the display, I don’t try anymore.

And to be honest, with the new maps containing the web links of businesses and restaurants, I much prefer that they open full screen. Can’t have both I guess.

On the AP topic, I read the .40.2 update brought to AP2.x detection of stop signs.
I have 40.2 and it is indeed not mentioned for AP1.
I know this was not promised to AP1, but wonder if this is not something that is within the mobileeye chip but not enabled. AP1 being able to read speed signs, reading a stop sign is like easy probably.

Thoughts ?

E639547F-D813-43A7-9D0C-B4FB0C61B140.png Are you all starting to get 40.2 updates? My 2015 S85 just did.