Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this was discussed earlier but:

1. what year & model is your Tesla

2. where & how did you get your eMMC chip upgraded to 32GB for $800

I'd love to have my 2015 P85D's browser responsive again... hopefully without having to refequently do a double scroll wheel hold down RESET

@TonyT did the repair in Southern California, including taking the MCU apart and putting it back together. If you mail it in and can do the disassembly and assembly it is cheaper. I have a late 2014 85 (AP1) with 85k miles.

• Informative
Reactions: BrokerDon
Sorry if this was discussed earlier but:

1. what year & model is your Tesla

2. where & how did you get your eMMC chip upgraded to 32GB for $800

I'd love to have my 2015 P85D's browser responsive again... hopefully without having to refequently do a double scroll wheel hold down RESET

There are some aftermarket suppliers. I believe @Ingineer owns a company that fixes MCUs including fixing the flash memory in MCUs that will fail after a while due to too many log writes. They can probably upgrade the memory too.

I had my eMMC chip upgraded to 32GB for $800. I am glad I went this route instead of waiting for this $2500 upgrade. The MCU is responsive again (including browser!) and I have no use for the infotainment stuff.

I don't understand how upgrading to 32 GB fixes the browser. My browser was working fine until v10 update like everyone else, so it's clearly a software glitch. Are you sure this isn't confirmation bias? Do you have the browser open daily with waze running, and have you had it work for multiple weeks on end without rebooting?

I don't understand how upgrading to 32 GB fixes the browser. My browser was working fine until v10 update like everyone else, so it's clearly a software glitch. Are you sure this isn't confirmation bias? Do you have the browser open daily with waze running, and have you had it work for multiple weeks on end without rebooting?

To be honest I’m not a huge user of the browser as you describe. All I can say is that it was completely unusable before the upgrade and now I can do my occasional web browsing easily. I will start using Waze and report back.

FFACF46A-E276-4D64-89CF-BBB17B1DD7A6.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RobK
Update complete and back on the road. So far, identical to 2020.4.1. No new visualizations. Everything working fine. Max battery and launch mode perfect. Supercharging rate picked up where it left off. Autopilot still really smooth. Browser is still borked but I think that's an emmc issue and not firmware related. I'll update this after my 150 mile drive if anything changes.

• Informative
Reactions: RobK and aesculus