Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>>It's strange behaviour. When you're on LTE, I guess you're also driving, so the only other thing that is "consuming" MCU resources is probably the navigation (due to car moving).
One thing I changed a while back to "relief" the MCU1 is to use satellite view. The "normal" map view is more demanding.<<

My car screen gave the satellite mapping until about four days ago then only the map-type view. I did nothing to change it - is there a selection or is Fremont to blame?

There is the usual selection icon to toggle between views but could it be your premium connectivity has expired?
Satellite view is part of it.

Ok, I misunderstood.
It's strange behaviour. When you're on LTE, I guess you're also driving, so the only other thing that is "consuming" MCU resources is probably the navigation (due to car moving).
One thing I changed a while back to "relief" the MCU1 is to use satellite view. The "normal" map view is more demanding.
I think it's odd that you see better performance with satellite view. I would think that this requires more data than the normal vector map. (That's why it's only available in the premium package.)
I still have the original 3G modem and don't notice any difference.

I think it's odd that you see better performance with satellite view. I would think that this requires more data than the normal vector map. (That's why it's only available in the premium package.)
I would assume that the satellite is a downloaded image whereas the map is a rendered vector map. If that's the case, the satellite view would require bigger downloads, and the map rendering would hammer the CPU.

I wonder if our "old" AP1 cars with get the new update (2020.12.10) that recognizes stop sign/stoplight.

It would be a neat feature but I would much prefer if Tesla cars would automatically stop/take evasive action if it sees obstacles in front or back even when autopilot is not engaged..

I've definitely noticed a lack of regen braking of late, which is a little odd considering I'm in FL and it's quite warm. Definitely using my brakes more these days. Not a fan of that at all. I fell in love with regen braking and now feel like something I paid for has been taken away.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
I've definitely noticed a lack of regen braking of late, which is a little odd considering I'm in FL and it's quite warm. Definitely using my brakes more these days. Not a fan of that at all. I fell in love with regen braking and now feel like something I paid for has been taken away.
I'm in Florida too. I haven't noticed that at all. I'll pay more attention next time I drive.

that is what I have have read before as well, the latest being as quoted from a particular service centre, if that has merit: Consolidated eMMC Thread (MCU repair) (Black Center Screen)

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr
>>There is the usual selection icon to toggle between views but could it be your premium connectivity has expired?
Satellite view is part of it.<<

The toggle view only has two settings now - N uppermost and track uppermost.
The car's only six weeks old so the premium package still has almost a year to go.

PS The satellite view is pretty, but where I am is eight years' old - I apparently live in uninhabited bushland!

Last edited:
I am curious to know as to what charging rate (Miles/hour) "old Tesla" owners are getting on their 240V home charging system that Tesla had recommended. I am currently getting 22 miles/hour on our 2015 Tesla 85 S. Is this reasonable? Are there any settings to increase this rate?

I read somewhere that the newer Tesla S are getting 45 miles/hour charging on 240 V home charger. That is nice.

I am curious to know as to what charging rate (Miles/hour) "old Tesla" owners are getting on their 240V home charging system that Tesla had recommended. I am currently getting 22 miles/hour on our 2015 Tesla 85 S. Is this reasonable? Are there any settings to increase this rate?

I read somewhere that the newer Tesla S are getting 45 miles/hour charging on 240 V home charger. That is nice.

The charging rate depends on what level of electrical circuit you have installed in your garage.

22MPH tells me you probably have a 30 amp circuit, or at least that’s what your car and your charger are currently set to charge at.

We’d need more info to help further.
What charger are you using?
Look at the charging screen in your car. What is the max amps it’s set at?
What size breaker is used for the circuit that goes to your charger?

The charging rate depends on what level of electrical circuit you have installed in your garage.

22MPH tells me you probably have a 30 amp circuit, or at least that’s what your car and your charger are currently set to charge at.

And this is the wrong thread for this.

Reactions: BrokerDon

Thank You @RGloverii ;
We am using Tesla supplied mobile connector. We gave the specification provided by Tesla to a licensed electrical contractor here.
The charging screen was set to 30 Amp that showed a MAX of 40 AMP. I have now changed it to 40 AMP. Not sure why it was at 30 AMP.
The circuit breaker (gang switch) both of which are 50 AMP.

Hopefully this will increase the charging rate. Is it possible to increase the charging rate to 50 AMPs?

You can’t change to any higher than what your car’s built in charger can support.
In this case, your max for Level 2 charging users 40 Amps.

If you’re charging overnight, it should be more than sufficient. I’ve never found a need for more in my normal daily life.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks a million.

I normally set it to charge at midnight as we get very low rates from midnight to 6:00 AM. Hopefully at 40 AMPs the charging will be done before 6:00 AM

I am curious - are all "old" Tesla S cars max out at 40 AMPs charging?

Some Model S came with a single charger, and some came with an optional second charger which doubled capacity. Then they moved to higher powered single chargers, and memory serve, the capacity of those newer chargers have fluctuated a bit.

Overall, I think the single 40 amp charger is more than enough for overnight charging. I've never personally seen a need for more.

Some Model S came with a single charger, and some came with an optional second charger which doubled capacity. Then they moved to higher powered single chargers, and memory serve, the capacity of those newer chargers have fluctuated a bit.

Overall, I think the single 40 amp charger is more than enough for overnight charging. I've never personally seen a need for more.

@RGloverii - It looks like I have run into another problem. I changed the MAX to 40 AMPs and it resets back to 30 AMPS even when the car is not connected to the charge port.

Is there somewhere else that the default setting should be changed to 40 AMPS?